NukuServ|Archive IRC Bot has vanished?

srgisme

I was browsing the packlist a few days ago, and found, of all things, the drew carey show on the list by accident, which peaked my interest. I got through episode 8, and then over night, mIRC updated, and now when I try to have the bot send files, it says "No such nick" and I'm sure I'm using proper syntax. I copy straight from the parser. I tested other bots, and it seems only nukuserv was affected. Is this a known issue?

Edited by srgisme

No such nick, means there is no user with that name. When it comes to a bot saying that, well then it means the bot is offline.

Either way, you could have just as well asked about it in the channel while you were there. :P

But yeah, NukuServ|Archive is owned by Sakura and ran from his server at his home connection, so it's pretty slow, and he takes it offline fairly often to allow him to have faster upload speed for his other things.

You can contact him in IRC and see if he's willing to bring it online for a bit if there is something in specific that you were wanting from it of course.

• Like 1

is  there an actual way to message specific people in IRC? I have always found any typed text got lost in the sea of commands in seconds, unless there's a separate channel from #Kametsu for just chatting. This very question may be addressed elsewhere, and if so, I'm sorry for not looking myself.

10 minutes ago, srgisme said:

is  there an actual way to message specific people in IRC? I have always found any typed text got lost in the sea of commands in seconds, unless there's a separate channel from #Kametsu for just chatting. This very question may be addressed elsewhere, and if so, I'm sorry for not looking myself.

Right click their name and then choose query it opens a thread between you and that individual or in mIRC if you double click their name a query is automatically opened. (I'm not sure this is always true just for the irc client I use) 

Or you could tag the individual in your message on the main channel

Edited by Moby JJ

26 minutes ago, srgisme said:

"/msg Username whatever you want to sayu here"

Minus the quotations, will send a message directly to the user in a separate tab, similar to a private message only for them.

• Like 1

when I did that, it just posted it in the main room, and also told me no such nick for Sakura. I guess I'll just wait patiently, my life won't end because I can't watch Drew Carey, lol

Edit: Nevermind, I was an idiot, found them.

Edited by srgisme