I'm suddenly banned from the Xertion network even though I'm on the same IP I've been for months?

noob447

I was trying to connect to the Abjects network to snag some cartoons I saw. For whatever reason, even though my Nick was registered there, it changed me to a guest and I can't re-register. I tried to flip back to the Kametsu channel on Xertion, after choosing my original nick there and now it's saying I'm "listed in dronebl". I've sinced removed that but it just keeps putting me back in. Do I just need to choose a different server in my VPN? I don't know why this is happening and I really don't want to have to switch servers because this one is pretty fast that I'm on.

@noob447 - since I was able to confirm this was the case on our end, I have removed the ban early. These are never permanent bans.

I apologize for the inconvenience. In order to protect ourselves from potentially malicious users, we check every connecting user's IP address against DroneBL (amongst others). It's unfortunately a necessary defense. We recognize that sometimes innocent users end up using an IP address that was previously used maliciously in some way that it gets listed in one of the blacklists our system checks. In the future, if you find yourself on the receiving end of such a ban again, feel free to PM me directly.