2D sidescrollers

brotheralex

So you prefer the flat and rather monotone looking games over something like halo 3? Yup, this guys crazy.

These "flat and rather monotone looking games" as you so put it are the best there is. Gaming hasn't been the same since they went from working on making the story and battle system great to only worrying about the graphics and letting everything else fail. For example the Final Fantasy series only continues to get worse with every new game because they focus on graphics and fail to do anything else.

Super Mario World will always be the best Mario game in my eyes. 2D Street Fighters owns the 3D versions I refuse to play.

NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII.

'nuff said. This game is pure brilliance and should be owned by everyone.

I'm waiting with fading patience for Yoshi's Island to hit the Virtual Console. Dammit Nintendo! HURRY UP! lol

Yeah I've seen that, I am contemplating getting a Wii just for the new Mario and Zelda games.

• 1 month later...
So you prefer the flat and rather monotone looking games over something like halo 3? Yup, this guys crazy.

I hope that was some kind of sarcasm, but looking at the name King Lighter I'm assuming you want to be flamed or something. Well I believe the thread maker meant 2D gameplay rather than graphics.

Odin Sphere was indeed a good game and I think Viewtiful Joe's franchise could have made it big. Fighting games are still mostly as awesome as ever, but I also miss beat-em-ups like Streets of Rage or Double Dragon.

Anyways as for games like Halo 3 I find are over-hyped garbage and not just in comparison to this "flat and rather monotone looking games" genre. It could have easily had a WWII soldier instead of Master Chief and it would have played the same as the first Call of Duty game. Storyline and characters are laughable and it didn't even copy FPS innovations like a good cover system or more RPG elements. Instead commercials, ads, soda, and magazines shoved games like these down our throats like FFXIII.

I say no matter how far we get we'll never go higher without a solid foundation@!

End Rant. Sorry.

Are there sticky plasma grenades in Call of Duty? No, see Halo is different :P (Had to say it.)

The megaman games are still some of my favorites. I wish they hadn't changed so much on the PS2 MMX games. (X7 and 8)

Good point Mute Point.

I actually did not get heavily into Megaman until the later games of its day and the switch to Megaman X. The X titles were some of my favorites save for the past few titles, but the new Megaman games I download on the Playstation Store may have just changed my mind on the matter.

P.S. Am I sad for actually liking the Megaman X: Command Mission game?