[NOMINATIONS] Anime of Summer 2015

Koby

Anime of the Season is a best anime of the season poll based on Kametsu userbase's votes. Each season, shows are voted on to see which was the most popular among Kametsuians. Shows are considered to be in the season if their first episode falls within the time period. Check the charts if you're unsure whether the show you plan to nominate falls in the given season.

Rules:

• Each user may only nominate one show.
  • Nomination period will last two weeks. So nominations will end October 12th then voting begins.

My nomination: GOD EATER

Nominations:
x1 - Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (Snow White with the Red Hair)
x3 - Dragon Ball Super
x5 - GANGSTA.
x5 - GATE: Thus the JSDF Fought There!
x2 - GOD EATER
x2 - Himouto! Umaru-chan (My Two-Faced Little Sister)
x1 - Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (Everyday Life with Monster Girls)
x3 - Overlord
x4 - Prison School
x1 - Rokka no Yuusha
x1 - SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist
x3 - Ushio no Tora

• Like 5

Out of the stuff I watched, Gangsta. is the clear winner, though Durarara!!x2 Ten is probably the best season of that franchise yet.  Also Koby, one of the things I've seen frequently that leads to forum stagnation is too much splitting up of discussion.  Try consolidating the least active subforums into the larger ones.  It means faster boards, which encourages people to post.

On 9/29/2015 at 11:40 PM, Matoro said:

Out of the stuff I watched, Gangsta. is the clear winner, though Durarara!!x2 Ten is probably the best season of that franchise yet.  Also Koby, one of the things I've seen frequently that leads to forum stagnation is too much splitting up of discussion.  Try consolidating the least active subforums into the larger ones.  It means faster boards, which encourages people to post.

We've already reduced the boards down quite a bit since the dying discussions. There really isn't that many sub-forums. The issue is that despite having 50k+ registered users; less than 200 of them are actually active posters at all. Reducing boards won't make people post who didn't want to post in the first place. However running a dead community is pretty pointless as well, especially when you factor in how much it costs to keep this place running month to month.

Unfortunately we're now in an era where message boards are more or less becoming obsolete with the likes of social media sites (tumblr, ask, twitter, facebook, disqus, etc). People simply don't want to make the effort to discuss things in a forum like setting anymore.

There's nothing stating you couldn't nominate DRR!!x2 Ten if that's what you'd prefer.

I've added your nomination to GANGTA. but you can change it if you'd like.

• Like 1

I'm confused... are we nominating and voting at the same time (i.e. nominating Anime of Summer 2015)? Why I ask is becuase the tally increases for each series mentioned and I seem to remember last time we had nominations to build a list and then a few weeks of voting for those on the list?

Either way I've only seen one episode and that's why I will nominate/vote GANGSTA. =]

I'm confused... are we nominating and voting at the same time (i.e. nominating Anime of Summer 2015)? Why I ask is becuase the tally increases for each series mentioned and I seem to remember last time we had nominations to build a list and then a few weeks of voting for those on the list?

Either way I've only seen one episode and that's why I will nominate/vote GANGSTA. =]

its just a ruff estment

we will vote when its time

i think it has to do with the "wanting more people to be active in the cumunity"

if we did not tally the nominations then if the show you wanted was allready nominated you would not post at all

so this topic would have less activity

Edited by Pikanet128
  • Like 1

It's just nominations for now. I had thought about opting in cours for nomination; say for example World Trigger which is currently on it's fourth cour would need four nominations to be included, but I felt that was kind of dumb and it's not like we have enough activity to start pushing out contestant series just because they didn't get a lot of nominations. So anyhow... the tally is just a tally with no real bearing behind it.

Added your nomination.

Dragon Ball Super ........ haaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaahhhhhhhahahaha  Have you screamed enough today?

Added.

• Like 2