Any good program to sync audio?

ChoeyXD

if the source audio is lossless, pretty much any old audio editor (e.g. audacity) can get the job done.

if the audio is lossy and/or i want to sync based on video, i use a set of custom scripts in conjunction with avspmod and mkvmerge to achieve frame-perfect sync with little to no quality degradation. i might post a guide for it one day.

Edited by d2x
  • Like 2

I've been able to sync videos with mismatched audio in Sony Vegas, but the software isn't free.  In fact, I was synching mismatched audio from a VCD I produced in 2001 through MGI VideoWave 4 (which is terrible, and doesn't compare to actual professional video editing software, like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere.) by ungrouping the audio and video streams, and sliding the audio streams until the audio matched lip movements.

Vegas is great if you NEED to look at the video for reference, but if you're syncing a dub or alternate audio track, all you need to do is line it up (and perhaps cut it up) so it is in sync with the original. This does not require video reference, except for qc.

Btw audacity does require a few plugins to import common formats, but once they are added, the software becomes very compatible with most file types.

if the audio is lossy and/or i want to sync based on video, i use a set of custom scripts in conjunction with avspmod and mkvmerge to achieve frame-perfect sync with little to no quality degradation. i might post a guide for it one day.

Please do Edited by Badman
  • Like 1