Any good program to sync audio?

ChoeyXD

What does Audacity lack that anyone would need for syncing dubs, really? Sure, video preview would be nice and people were asking for it for ages, but there are no plans to add it.

'Pros' would use paid software, like Audition or Sound Forge. Audacity is good for your average home user, but I still use Audition because that's what I learnt to use.

"Pros" are those who get paid for it. The software used is irrelevant as long as the job is done properly.

if the source audio is lossless, pretty much any old audio editor (e.g. audacity) can get the job done.

if the audio is lossy and/or i want to sync based on video, i use a set of custom scripts in conjunction with avspmod and mkvmerge to achieve frame-perfect sync with little to no quality degradation. i might post a guide for it one day.

But AviSynth outputs uncompressed audio stream, just like Audacity. There's literally no diffference.

As for syncing two videos... this method might be useful for old (like, 20-30 years' old) where BGM could be slightly shifted or just replaced, making it harder to sync based on audio.

But AviSynth outputs uncompressed audio stream, just like Audacity. There's literally no diffference.

i'm not outputting from avisynth; it's purely for synchronization. the actual audio splitting/splicing is done on the compressed streams using mkvmerge.

Edited by d2x

the audio is split at the trim points.

FFVideoSource only loads the video though. You can understand my confusion, given that this thread is about audio...

How are you splitting the audio and video? With mkvmerge? If that's the case, then it isn't frame perfect unless you manage to find a cut at a keyframe.

What does Audacity lack that anyone would need for syncing dubs, really? Sure, video preview would be nice and people were asking for it for ages, but there are no plans to add it.

'Pros' would use paid software, like Audition or Sound Forge. Audacity is good for your average home user, but I still use Audition because that's what I learnt to use.

"Pros" are those who get paid for it. The software used is irrelevant as long as the job is done properly.

Audacity doesn't lack anything in this regard. In fact, Audacity has most of the features of Audition, plus it has community made plugins. But some people prefer to use Audition over Audacity. Maybe to unify their workflow? Maybe to learn the tools of the trade? Maybe to utilise a certain feature? Who knows. All I know is Audition (formerly Soundbooth, Cool Edit) is what I always installed with Adobe CS.

The 'pros' thing was a reply to Koby... He has since edited his post so now it's irrelevant.

How are you splitting the audio and video? With mkvmerge? If that's the case, then it isn't frame perfect unless you manage to find a cut at a keyframe.

if you are splitting audio and video, yes. however, if you are splitting audio only, you can split at any audio frame boundary.