Adding Rep to Forums

Botzz

Should we add rep?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add rep?

• Yes
    • No

We were talking about this in the chatbox and it would be a pretty good addition. Like when people post their anime or something helpful, they could add to their reputation. It could help us find the more helpful and reliable users to get help. Plus, some people love their rep and it could pull more people in possibly :P Some people, believe it or not, are addicted to it haha

I beleive a rep bar would be an awesome thing it would give new users an idea kind of who to go to for help and who is most reliable. Plus it might help less active users want to be more active just for the fact they are kind of trying to acheive a goal in away. So yeah i think it would be a great addition to the forums.

BAsically if you did something good then there would be a buttoun near you post to get rep t hough people could jsut randomly do this to people even if they dont deserve it. Like for instance a spammer could get top rep so i dont think this is a good idea since i dont want this forum turning into a popularity contest.

Personally we've only had bad experiences with things like this is in the past, and I don't care to add something that will separate members or add elitism to the forum.

I've actually never seen a successful implementation of this that was actually used correctly and not abused. The poll is pretty close, but even if the majority end up saying yes, it'll have to be like more than 80% majority for me to even consider bothering with such a thing again, and I honestly don't see the poll going that way.

If my post was any indication, I voted "no". :/

I agree with Elsch, if mods and admins could give points ONLY, then it could always be traced back to people in positions of trust anyway. They could award points to those who start meaningful conversations or interesting topics; or uploaders and other deserving characters.