Is this new Sailor Moon release a different voice dub?

DarkDream787

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M0ETRHG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I was going to buy this set but its from Viz while the old ones were from DIC.

Is this going to be a different English voice dubbing cast since its uncut or are the voices the same? It doesnt sound too likely they will be the same, but I wanted to know for sure.

I figure the new show airing in Japan which reboots the series; "Sailor Moon Crystal" will end up dubbed as well by Viz. So even though Viz has re-dubbed this show, in the end it will be the 'definitive' cast of the series. The DiC dub was edited too much to be possible to include on an uncut version.

I haven't watched the sub version

How much did they cut in the original dub?

They cut a lot, and changed a lot of lines, they changed two characater that were lovers to being cousins in ths dub, and they took halves of two different episodes and combined them sometimes, they removed stuff they thought were violent.

Is this show really worth cutting, is it violent or containing nudity or sex, or is it all three lol

it has violence and slight sexual enuendos and jokes every now and then.

The show always had parents complaining even in japan because of violence.

The manga has sex in it, but the anime did not.

As for Nudity, I think there was like 3 times, and a bath scene or something, but nothing explicit.

And there was a scene with all the scouts naked.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

Is this show really worth cutting, is it violent or containing nudity or sex, or is it all three lol

It probly was in the eyes of cartoon companies back then, but nowadays they wouldn't really give a damn like they used to for kids. Kids get to see alot more stuff than I did when I was a kid because of changing times and rating systems nowadays. Thats probly why its getting an uncut release now. That and its quite popular as well.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a complete brand new redub being done  by Viz and it will be uncut and feautre the episodes that were not previously dubbed in the original dub and they are sticking closer to the original japanese version so if you're expecting anything like DIC or CWI's dubs in terms of voices and scrpits twell you're not gonna get it lol I can't wait for this to be released it's been long overdube for a redub to happen and oh yeah Stephanie sheh plays sailor moon

Edited by animenerd99

I saw some previews of the new voices on youtube videos. Well so far I don't really like all of the new voices. I think they picked a horrible one for Luna, and I was surprised when Daron or Damian (I think thats his name) called Serena Bun Head instead of Meatball Head.

At this rate I'll probly rather watch the uncut in Japanese.

Edited by DarkDream787

I saw some previews of the new voices on youtube videos. Well so far I don't really like all of the new voices. I think they picked a horrible one for Luna, and I was surprised when Daron or Damian (I think thats his name) called Serena Bun Head instead of Meatball Head.

At this rate I'll probly rather watch the uncut in Japanese.

First off his name is Mamoru not Darien and Second It's USAGI not serena and michelle ruff plays luna i think she's perfect as her and like i just said their sitcking closer to the original japanese sh'es called bun head in the oriignal so in viz's dub she'll be called the same and instead of judging by clips i would wait for the dub to come out first then judge

In this new dub, will they stick with the original japanese names?

Just peep this here this will ansswer all your questions

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2014-07-17/viz-media-unveils-new-english-dub-cast-of-sailor-moon/.76775