Paypal has once again blocked us

Koby

They banned our second account, this time stealing ~$40. If you remember, earlier this year they stole ~$130.

This time around though it seems they've implemented more stops to prevent users from simply creating a new account. I just attempted to do so and my new account was instantly suspended as well. So looks like Paypal is absolutely out of the picture.

We have Skrill, but our Tracker doesn't properly keep track of it due to not having the API key which they only give out to "business" accounts and I have no way of abiding to their demands of proof to change to the account type needed.

But basically, Skrill will have to do until we can get something else setup. Recommend me some payment gateways. Server is only paid up till end of August, so we gotta do something fairly quickly so I can pay the server bills and keep the site afloat.

UPDATE 2: We've added Flattr and Gittip as available options to donate with.

Still trying to get setup with PaymentWall and Payza. You can still use Skrill though as well.

I'm curious to know what grounds or reasons they have to decide to ban your account and then take your money?

Isn't there a valid argument on your part to contest it with?

They use to let you refute suspensions. FUNimation, etc.. tried 3 or 4 times in the past to get out Paypal shutdown by lying and saying we were "forcing" people to "pay" for downloads as well as "using money earned to buy their products to release".

1. We've never had any fund raiser to buy shit from FUNimation for distribution. People distribute VOBs/m2ts/ISOs elsewhere for free.

2. We've never forced people to 'donate', and funds that were donated were never used to purchase anime (except the one Zatch Bell fundraiser I had).

Now though Paypal just suspends without warning and doesn't tell you why and they say you're not able to refute the claim either.

Damn, that sucks :/

FUNimation, etc.. tried 3 or 4 times in the past to get out Paypal shutdown by lying and saying we were "forcing" people to "pay" for downloads as well as "using money earned to buy their products to release"

Well at least the People here (Kametsu) do actual proper Rips of Anime instead of just the shitty Streaming FUNi does.

Edited by Phaz0n

Recommend me some payment gateways.

ADC uses Flattr and Bitcoin.

Another forum that I'm familiar with uses Paymentwall.

I personally haven't used any of these, but they might be worth checking out.

yes id recommend Flattr people can still use their paypal accounts to donate via Flattr

Recommend me some payment gateways.

ADC uses Flattr and Bitcoin.

Another forum that I'm familiar with uses Paymentwall.

I personally haven't used any of these, but they might be worth checking out.

Bitcoin I didn't like because they use some made up coin currency and it seemed pretty difficult if not impossible to convert or whatever or maybe I was just missing something. Either way it seemed like you'd have to first pay money for coins then you can donate the coins... then the person who received them could do whatever.. It just seemed overly complicated with a bunch of useless steps.

I'll look into Flattr and Paymentwall, and see if it's possible to add it to our module as well.

yes id recommend Flattr people can still use their paypal accounts to donate via Flattr

That sounds awesome. Especially since one of the biggest issues with not using Paypal is that almost everyone uses it and doesn't want to switch just for this site or whatever.

Whoa FUnimation went after u?

We've been contacted with DMCA / C&D about 5x now.

According to Google; we've been reported about 3,000x and they've removed that many pages of our site from their search engines as a result.

Which would explain why our search engine visitors has dropped drastically the last couple years.

What about my second question?

Nothing really.

Also, anyone who lives in the USA could always just send cash, check, pre-paid visa giftcard, etc.. through the mail. I doubt anyone will do this, but we have done this years ago before I started using Paypal and it worked. If you're willing to mail some money, Private Message me.

The whole reason I started a PayPal account was to donate to this site and I don't even use the site for any downloads or videos, so FUNimation's argument is invalid. I'll send a money order next month for support.

Exactly. I dont download fro the site yet here they are accusing us. But anywho i wonder what would happen if say Funi told US to shut us down or hand over the information of the users. I feel that down loaders wont be in trouble but the encoders who upload will. What can we do if they try a stunt like that?

The whole reason I started a PayPal account was to donate to this site and I don't even use the site for any downloads or videos, so FUNimation's argument is invalid. I'll send a money order next month for support.

Exactly. I dont download fro the site yet here they are accusing us. But anywho i wonder what would happen if say Funi told US to shut us down or hand over the information of the users. I feel that down loaders wont be in trouble but the encoders who upload will. What can we do if they try a stunt like that?

They don't have the authority. For one thing, look at MegaUpload. They took him down, took all his servers, etc.. and he pretty much came back and started it all over again? Why: Because they were in the wrong. They did it though because they also had the support of the country he was in and the country the majority of his servers were based in.

Kametsu's server is located in France btw.

• Like 1

sorry to hear that @Kopy i'm kinda surprise that funimation would suspend your first and second account. I never had my account suspend before for the past 5 year setting up a donate form on both of my site. It might be the demand u are asking from user that funimation would discover your site and kill your account

Edited by TokyoSama

sorry to hear that @Kopy i'm kinda surprise that funimation would suspend your first and second account. I never had my account suspend before for the past 5 year setting up a donate form on both of my site. 

Because your sites are tiny in comparison and not well known. Kametsu is also more than a decade old.

either way why not make your donate private so funimation can't discover your needs

Who's to even say this was FUNi's fault? Just because it was pointed out they've went after us in the past, doesn't mean it's them now. It could simply be Paypal being Paypal. Also, private or not, you'd have to tell them how to donate somehow. Anyone could pretend to be someone wanting to donate only to get the account info and report it. Heck as that points out, it could have been anyone who reported the account. It could have been someone who got banned for example. Is it just coincidence that I ban someone less than a week before the report was made and that guy was pissed enough to spam my email address with all sorts of childish remarks? See.. no real point in bothering to come up with theories as to how the report was made or why. The fact is, the report was made and our account was suspended. Yes, we allow downloads, so in a way that could be frowned upon; but no we do not make people pay for any services. Hence the report was false and once again we were suspended for breaking a TOS that we did NOT break.

• Like 1

• Nekone locked this topic