Paypal has once again blocked us

Koby

Thanks for all the info and research J-Lord and Koby. Skrill sounds like the "best" option at the moment. Im tempted to also give Gittip a try now, sounds a lot more hassle free than the others. 

I am gonna swap to Skrill, seems like Paypal, just don't know how secure it is.

I'm curious to know what grounds or reasons they have to decide to ban your account and then take your money?

Isn't there a valid argument on your part to contest it with?

I'm willing to bet that it was Eric Green, Founder of RemoveYourContent.  He also froze my Paypal account last year.

http://removeyourcontentsucks.blogspot.com/2009/03/removeyourcontentcom-eric-green.html

Edited by tosh9i

Damn PayPal!  The other thing is if the companies made shows available outside of the US then maybe this would not be an issue.  For example I watch Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal II, however it now only airs new episodes on Hulu.  Being that I am not in the US I am unable to watch them as Hulu doesn't make itself available outside of the US.

I really hope that we do not lose this.  This is the only access I have to these shows.  The work you guys do is awesome!

On the PayPal freezing the money in the account is there any legal recourse that can be taken?  From how I understand it these are legally obtained funds.  Therefore they have no right to seize them.  If you ask me I think companies like Funimation, etc, are to paraphrase "in bed" with PayPal.  They know that a lot of sites like this use PayPal so what better way to eliminate them by hitting where it hurts the most......the wallet.  Even if you have no recourse I think the donors do.  Fact is they transferred their money to you and now PayPal is refusing to let it be used for the reasons it was transferred.

Just my opinions.  I just don't want to lose this site like we lost C-W.

• 3 weeks later...

Once that is done you set a monthly budget. (the budget is how much comes out of your flattr account at the end of each month if you have funds in it. These funds get divided up to all the people you have flattred). Which for me will only be Kametsu. So say you add €20 to your flattr account but have a budget set to €5, it will take 4 months to empty your flattr account of your €20, which means Kametsu should received €5 each month due to your budget set (this can be increased and lowered).

I finally realized that flattr does take credit/debit cards. *fail*

Anyways, would flattr overdraft my account once my funds are gone? Or will it stop the donations when it reaches 0?

Once that is done you set a monthly budget. (the budget is how much comes out of your flattr account at the end of each month if you have funds in it. These funds get divided up to all the people you have flattred). Which for me will only be Kametsu. So say you add €20 to your flattr account but have a budget set to €5, it will take 4 months to empty your flattr account of your €20, which means Kametsu should received €5 each month due to your budget set (this can be increased and lowered).

I finally realized that flattr does take credit/debit cards. *fail*

Anyways, would flattr overdraft my account once my funds are gone? Or will it stop the donations when it reaches 0?

You can't overdraft; if there is no funds, it won't send anything.

• Nekone locked this topic