Incomplete Dubs FAQ

List of Incomplete Dubs

This is a growing list of Anime with incomplete English Versions, with info on how many episodes were dubbed out of the entire series, and other info on the distributor, DVD releases, and other sources. Hopefully this will assist people with questions of this nature.
Each TV series is considered an individual unit, so whether or not a whole franchise has dubs is irrelevant. Ongoing dubs are obviously not included.
To avoid confusion with shows like DBZ, I only list the # of Japanese episodes that have been released in an English form, whether edited or not.
I will be updating this list, but feel free to add suggestions and info. or questions

Default Version

Astro Boy (1963) [193]
Episodes 1-6, 8-12, 14-24, 26-31, 33-41, 43-52, 56-60, 62-103, 105-110, 113, 119, 121, 124 by NBC Entertainment [DVD].

Crayon Shin Chan (Ongoing since 1992, 816+)
Vitello Productions. [TV?]
Phuuz Entertainment [TV?] (Richard Epcar somehow involved, unknown role) [1]
Episodes from 1992-2011? used by Funimation for production of 78-episode "Shin Chan" [DVD].

D.Gray-man (103)
Episodes 1-51 by Funimation [DVD].

Lupin the Third, Part II (155)
Epsiodes 1-79 by Geneon [DVD] (Others were rumored to be dubbed, in whole or in part. May be released by future distributors).[2] [3]
Episodes 145, 155 by Streamline Pictures [VHS]

Magical DoReMi (201)
Episodes 1-29, 31-51 by 4Kids Entertainment.

M.A.R (102)
Episodes 1-52 by VIZ Media [iTunes] Eps. 1-14 on DVD.

Sailor Moon (1992-1997) [166]
Episodes 1, 3-4, 7-19, 21-41, 43-66, 68-89 by DIC Entertainment/Optimum Productions [DVD].
Episodes 90-166 by Cloverway/Optimum Productions [DVD].

Slam Dunk (101)
Episodes 1-85 by Geneon/Animax [DVD/?]

Super Dimension Century Orguss (35)
Episodes 1-17 by U.S. Renditions/Animaze [DVD]

Toriko (147)
Episodes 1-50 by Funimation [DVD].

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (180)
Episodes 1-155 by 4Kids

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (154)
Episodes 1-110, 123-129, 131-136 by 4Kids

Zatch Bell! (150)
Episodes 1-104 by VIZ Media [TV]. Eps. 1-100 on DVD from New Media.

Alternate Version

Dragon Ball (153) // Episodes 1-13 by Funimation/BLT Productions

Dragonball Z (291)
Episodes 1-67 by Funimation/Ocean Group [DVD]
Episodes 123-291 by AB Groupe/Ocean Group [TV Only] http://forums.kametsu.com/index.php?/topic/37428-multi-dragon-ball-z-the-ocean-dub-collection/

Initial D (79)
Episodes 1-39 by Tokyopop [DVD]

Shaman King (Uncut Version) [64]
Episodes 1-15 by Funimation/4Kids [DVD]

Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters (Uncut Version) [224]
Episodes 1-9 by Funimation/4Kids [DVD]

Sources

• Richard Epcar - ADR/Voice Resume (Page 5)
    [ http://www.richardepcar.com/docs/Epcar_ADR_Voice_Resume.pdf ]

• Discotek has said somewhere on their Facebook page that they are interested in getting a hold of the unreleased Geneon episodes. They regularly answer questions, and have the most Lupin III titles in North America. They also make a habit of including all the dubs available for a given film or series.
    [ https://facebook.com.../Discotek-Media (Haven't narrowed it down yet...) ]

• Richard Epcar (Jigen, Zenigata) has said that he worked on Lupin III up until "Geneon went belly up" in the Toonami Faithful Podcast #95, "People Love Machines In 2029 AD – Featuring Richard Epcar"
    [ http://podcast.toona...lelovemachines/ ]
    If you're an Epcar fan, or a fan of GITS or Lupin, it's an amazing interview (starts at 55:06)

Have an Addition?
Changing everything into the same format is tedious, so I'd prefer if you use this format for info on the anime (if you want to add to the list):

Animu Series (Total Episode Count)
Episodes 1-X by Distributor/ADR Group [Video format with most episodes on it] (& if necessary) Episodes 1-X on "other format"
(if necessary) Episodes Y-Z by Other Distributor....... etc, ...

Edited by BadmanEncodes
  • Like 1

D.Gray-man dropped by FUNimation at 51 of 103 episodes.

Toriko is apparently dropped as well.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX last season 156-180 was never dubbed.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's 111-122 and 137-154 (END) was never dubbed.

I'm sure there are countless other shows I'm forgetting about.

I know a lot of OVA's and Movies never see the light of day dubbed.

Yes it does. Wikipedia has no *****ing clue and neither do I. Episodes are over 800 and no sign of stopping, the mangaka died. No info on the Vitello or Phuuz dubs. Probably only TV rips, if anything at all.

Also i can't tell if episode 770 is a troll translation or not. I'm losing my mind. This Wikipedia page embodies powerlessness and confusion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayon_Shin-chan_episodes

Edited by BadmanEncodes
  • Like 1

I believe there was also an alternate uncut version of Shaman King by 4Kids released on DVD, although I'm not sure how many episodes were released (there seems to be about 5 volumes released but other than that, haven't found anything).

How different is Shaman King when it's uncut? in comparison to YGO

------------------------------------------

In the spirit of this topic, it might be interesting to do an old-ass DVD index (for anime DVDs that dont have numbered discs or say what episodes they contain. Examples: Rurouni Kenshin, Lupin III, etc.). Although it would be even more tedious than this.

Edited by BadmanEncodes

zero no tsukaima..it pains me to see it not included here.....if anything,it shouldve been the first..

also maybe shana...as the VA was completely changed after the first season

Oh my god that sucks. They went from Tabitha St. Germain to Cherami Leigh. I can only imagine.

Supporting cast seems strong though, but Funimation generally fails with female voices.

• 3 weeks later...