Incomplete Dubs FAQ

They said so on their Facebook page, I'll try and cite the actual thread

Discotek has said somewhere on here that they are interested in getting a hold of the unreleased Geneon episodes. They regularly answer questions, and have the most Lupin III titles in North America. They also make a habit of including all the dubs available for a given film or series.

https://facebook.com/pages/Discotek-Media (Haven't narrowed it down yet...)

Richard Epcar (Jigen, Zenigata) has said that he worked on Lupin III up until "Geneon went belly up" in a Toonami Faithful Podcast.

"#95 – People Love Machines In 2029 AD – Featuring Richard Epcar" http://podcast.toonamifaithful.com/peoplelovemachines/

If you're an Epcar fan, or a fan of GITS or Lupin, it's an amazing interview (the Epcar section starts at 55:06)

Also added source on Shin Chan.

Edited by BadmanEncodes
  • Like 1

@BadmanEncodes Just to correct a few things, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX was dubbed by 4Kids, not Viz Media. And for 5D's, you're correct, but only episodes 1 to 110, 123 to 129 and 131 to 136 (with the first few minutes of 137 added in for the dub series finale) were dubbed. Episode 130 was never dubbed as well as 111 to 122 and episode 137 (the rest of the episode) to 154.

• Like 1

thanks badman  and yea iv seen the intreview problem is hes later gone on to say he dosnt even no what it is he dubbed so i guess im more intrested in discotek saying they are interested in securing other audio, still unreleased genon epsiodes ? could simply mean the rest of the series that wasint dubbed ? 

Honestly, if you ask them on facebook/twiiter they might answer. Their comment feed on facebook is so massive and constantly growing that it's difficult to sort through old comments. It may actually have been a fan that said that about Discotek, but it does seem reasonable.

I'm going to update this as unconfirmed. But i think we can both agree that there are a small amount of episodes (in whole or in part) that Geneon worked on before they died. Which are still out there.

Edited by BadmanEncodes

• 2 weeks later...

What about Air Gear. Thats like the greatest incomplete anime of all time.

Air Gear was fully done, wtf are you talking about?

I know only two incomplete dubs:

Airmaster 01-12 (Geneon USA; a rumor that FUNimation did got this but so far nothing) [DVD]

Galaxy Angel X 01-04 (Bandai Ent.; rest of the eps were subbed only) [DVD]