Should the Soul Eater anime be rebooted?

-Zero-

Soul Eater Anime Reboot  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Soul Eater anime be rebooted?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Now, before you say this or that, hear me out.

As a fan of the manga, I have to say I was somewhat let down at the ending. I won't spoil it, for those who haven't read it yet (I already did once(not the ending, but an important scene in the manga); not one of my brightest decisions, anywho...)

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, in fact I loved it. I loved all the characters, their development, the events and everything else in between. But I felt that with what happened at the end, a piece of the story will never be known....unless if by some miraculous chance there will be a Soul Eater 2.

This is where I turn to the anime. The anime, at least for me, had a more complete conclusion. Granted, it was nowhere close with what the manga had but you get my point. The conflict was resolved. What happened afterwards (like any other anime/manga/light novel) was left to fan interpretation.

With the news that the spin-off manga, Soul Eater Not!, had received an anime adaption, many people on the interwebs began to talk about a reboot of the Soul Eater anime. Why? well, people wanted a more faithful adaption (at least, that's what I've heard) along the lines of FMA: Brotherhood. Heck, people even started talking about a Soul Eater: Brotherhood anime. Given what BONES had done with Full Metal Alchemist, most people have told me, why not? They should reanimate it.

My question is, should they? What for?

For me, I like the anime as is. I fear that if a faithful reboot a la Brotherhood(I know it sounds weird but it fits) style were to be green-lighted, that new conclusion would be....strange. If you've read the manga to the end, you know what I'm talking about. Of course, there's always the chance that BONES could change things. On the other hand, I would love to see the other elements that the manga has that the anime never had. So there's a balance right there, of sorts. And so, I want to hear your guys' opinions. And let's be serious about this. What do you personally think about this. Who knows, it may or may never come to pass, but if it did, would it be worth it? necessary even?

It may be a sore topic for some but right now this subject deserves some serious discussion from the fans.

Edited by Seraph

I'm kind of in a rush so I'll just answer your question (I'll come back later and read everything/edit my post). "Should the Soul Eater anime be rebooted?" I'd love to see it continue not reboot. There were some pretty bad ass fights in the manga I'd love to see animated. Also wasn't a big fan of the ending but what can you do?

I would quite enjoy it, but I am skeptical about whether or not they should do so. Brotherhood worked since almost everything in the anime was different than the manga, whereas Soul Eater was faithful up until episode 38. It would screw over new fans if they started from episode 38, but also would mess with old fans if they had to fast forward through an entire 38 episodes worth of content just to get to the good stuff. Still, it would be cool if they released some OVA's.

well...

they did save the school the first go around

the second season could just be filler shit.  But as long as there are some pantry shots and some nip slip ill watch it.

I'd watch anything with soul eater in it (Looking forward to soul eater not getting dubbed if ever). So if it was rebooted, I would watch it from the start, or where ever they reboot it from.

Sure that may be kind of difficult as to where they would start as lemming suggested, If they started fresh not much would change in terms of the first soul eater to the reboot till the anime took its own path. Or if they started from where the anime went in a new direction new fans who haven't seen soul eater would be left at a complete loss.

So sadly I don't see them doing this. Just a question does anyone know how popular soul eater was? or still is I might re-phrase?

I don't know. I've been reading the manga for awhile now and it's pretty awesome. (Seriously it is. Go read it right now.)

If it gets rebooted, fine. I'll watch it from the beginning.

If not and all of that anime-only stuff is retconned or something that's fine too.

I LOVE Soul Eater and I'll continue with it by whatever means that includes.

Great answers everyone.

Koby and Lemming raise good points. A partial retelling of the series. Perhaps a film or two?

And I'm quite neutral on this subject, if that wasn't clear. I like the anime as is but then again, having a new version of it be released wouldn't be bad either.

Then there's the subject of its age like Nintendon't mentioned. In fact, as of April 7th of this month, it is 6 years old. There is also a 6 year gap between the original Full Metal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood, although I don't think this has anything to do with it getting a reboot of any kind.

• 3 weeks later...

Fuck no, when I think of Soul Eater I think of anime fan girls

Getbackers need to get rebooted

Getbackers wasn't even good to begin with...

WOW!!  You obviously know nothing of good anime.

Soul Eater was a horrible anime

Maybe to you the show was horrible but remember everyone likes different things, just because you say an anime is good or bad doesn't make it so.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...