I've recently moved out!

Breathless

Hey guys. I wasn’t sure where to post this. I had reddit in mind, but I don’t really feel comfortable with a community so broad, so I figured I’ll post it on Kametsu. I’ll put it in the literature section as I don’t know how much of this stems from actual reality, and how much is just my mind playing tricks on me.

I’ve recently moved out of home and started living by myself. I think this is where the problem came from, being alone is making my mind play tricks on me. At the moment I’m living in a small two bedroom house. There’s one kitchen, one bathroom, and a large hallway. Since there’s not much in the house I thought the rooms would be larger, but they’re quite average sized (or maybe on the smaller end).

There’s also the attic which I’ve never been to, and an old storeroom which I’ve been to twice. It’s out back, and completely empty.

The strangest thing is when I’m asleep, I sometimes hear the storeroom* open and close. You know how when a door is rusted and needs oil, it has an unbearable squeak? It has that. Every night it I’m a little freaked out to the point where I can’t sleep. I think I’ve been reading too much creepypasta lately, haha.

I’ll update this if there are any more creepy sounds at my house, ahah.

Edited by Breathless
  • Like 1

I had to check the age on your profile first but, since your only 19 drinking is out of the question. I was 19 when I moved away from home as well. I travelled cross country with a few changes of clothes and a few bags along with my Xbox 360 from New Jersey to North Carolina. Now I was already an avid drinker long before I turned 21 (I started after my dad had my first beer with me when I was 14). But my roommate was well over 21 and more than happy to supply me with booze. I'm not supporting underage drinking here but, it's your place, your life, and your money SEIZE life by the balls and do what you want cause it is....... AWESOME! You do all the things you wanted to do as a kid, set your own bedtime, stay up late eating ice cream, blast your music until the cops show up, hit on the pizza girl and then give her a big tip to sway her decision to join you for a movie night, exercise in your back yard without a shirt on, or stack beer cans by your video game system for a whole month and see how high your tower gets, the sky's the limit.

The spooky noises and lack of companions living in the house will pass I promise it's just an adjustment phase from having no one to live with any more. Just make sure you set a strict cleaning schedule for yourself and stay mature enough to go to work every day otherwise you will be back with mom and dad before you know it (No Bueno). One last piece of advice. The single life is the easy but lonely route and the married life is the hard but friendly route. The reason I say this is because I am still single and although I often regret not having gotten married I don't ever have to worry about financial issues and spending time with a significant other because it's me and me alone. I often have to buy lunch and dinner for my married colleagues because they are to broke to afford a slice of pizza for themselves and despise there wife so much they would rather hang out at my place and play video games or go the gym.

All I'm saying is embrace your new single life and enjoy the freedom of being your own person. Good luck and have fun I really do wish you the best of luck.

Yeah. Just as I said before, I'm pretty sure it's just my mind playing tricks on me. When I used to live with my family my brother had a German Shepard, so we left our doors unlocked. I mean, someone has to be pretty stupid to break in when there's a big dog barking like crazy. But now that I'm living alone, my heart skips a beat. Did I lock the door? What if someone comes? At first I didn't care at all. But here in Australia it's currently winter, and where I live it's been raining like crazy. I know it's just rain, but still... I can't help but hear footsteps amongst the rain. It sounds like a hollow thud on the roof.

'Thud'. 'Thud'. 'Thud'.

A slow paced walk in my house. Footsteps that aren't my own. Did someone break in?

That's all that goes through my mind during storms. Now I'm locking the doors every day and night, even if I am still at home. Winter was a really bad season to move out. The wind keeps creaking the storeroom door open and close. (This is what I meant in my first post when I said attic.) I'm thinking of buying a pad lock or something to make sure that the storeroom STAYS shut.

It's raining right now, and these 'footsteps' won't stop. I just locked all the doors (haha, I'm such a scaredy-cat), and I've got my music on to drain out the sound of the rain.

Again, I'll update this thread with anything else regarding my house.

It's just you being paranoid, when I moved out I had the same issue with hearing shit which would make me be all like WTF WAS THAT?! But it's really nothing so dw about it, however if you're really worried get a weapon, a bat or something. Then you at least have some protection IF it really is anything.

I hope that's all it is. Me being paranoid. But seriously. I'm only getting more creeped out. I'm going to write out my day in timestamps.

11:00AM-12:30PM - I woke up. I had a shower, brushed my teeth, ate some cereal.

12:30PM-1:30PM - I played video games, lazed around the house. I really didn't do much.

01:30PM-02:30PM - I put the clothes in the washing machine, when they finished, I went out back to hang them on the clothes line.

01:30PM-02:30PM - I went outside to hang my clothes on the clothing line. I did not unlock the door. I just walked out.

It's raining right now, and these 'footsteps' won't stop. I just locked all the doors

I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. This is insane. Why the hell was the door unlocked, is the lock faulty, a thief? I checked all around my house and there was nothing missing. Nothing broken. So I don't think someone broke in, so why was the door unlocked? I'm 100% certain I locked it.

I hate this house. I'm not going to move out, but god damn it, I hate this house. I hate how the locks don't work, I hate how the sun seeps through the attic and on to the main floor, I hate how I hear footsteps in the rain. I hate how there's a store room creaking every night. (I ended up not buying the padlock) I hate it!

I talked to my friend about this. He said it's in my mind. I either forgot to lock the door, or it's faulty. (I know I locked the door.) And that I should just get a professional to look at it just in case it is broken. I'm quite a logical person. I don't believe in the supernatural, but I was still a little bit worried. He suggested that I just dive head first into the problem, and play a scary game to confront my fears.

He recommended to me to play the Midnight Man game, or the Three Kings. For those of you who don't know, these are games similar to 'Bloody Mary', in the sense that they're inviting 'spirits' in to your house. My friend said that if I make it through one of these games, that there will be nothing to be scared of at all. I don't know about it though, I think it might be a good idea.

What do you guys think?

My aunt and uncle bought a bed and breakfast that was supposedly haunted. At first my aunt was there by herself after they moved as my uncle had to finish out a certain amount of time at his previous job. She was terrified of the bed and breakfast part of the house. When she'd clean the rooms she felt like she was being watched and her cat would sit and look like it was watching invisible things crossing the rooms. 

It got to the point where she was cleaning a room and was so afraid she stopped and just shouted at the empty room. She said "I did not pay for this place only to be afraid of my own home. Either you pay the mortgage or get out. You're not welcome." Whether there were actually spirits in the house or not, she said the place felt different. She's never felt unsafe since then. 

So even if what you're experiencing is in your head, it's still real to you. If you think playing those games would help you confront your fears then I'd say you should go for it. But if you think it will just make you feel more nervous then don't do it. Shout, make noise, stomp around. It's your house, no one will see so just do what you need to do to feel more at home and banish the bad feelings. 

I'm actually on a paranormal investigation team, and one of the things we suggest to homeowners is to take back their homes. So I agree with what Indieanna says. It may sound and feel stupid, but it honestly works, maybe even if it is just to calm your nerves.

Maybe I'm just superstitious and watch too much Supernatural, but I think Bloody Mary games aren't a good idea. I think they're like Ouija boards, and can cause a lot of trouble.

Edited by poetictragedy
  • Like 1

Even if there's nothing there currently, I'm pretty sure playing those games will only make you feel worse and make you a pretty palatable target for something to move in.

All you need to do is get a curved roof. They can't get you that way.

Actually, no. Do it. Get really drunk and invite a strange-looking hobo off the street into your home for company. I seen some movies, pretty sure this can only work out in your favour.

If Hellstar Remina is based on any sort of reality, it's that hobos are probably cool people capable of performing feats of bravery the rest of us can only dream of.

So I thought it over, and decided it was pretty stupid to do a pagan ritual in my house. So instead I bought the padlock. I locked the shed. And I unpacked all the remaining boxes that were in my house. It definitely felt more like a home. my home. At least. That's what I thought.

The store room had stopped it's creaking since I had locked it shut. I got a friend of a friend who's pretty good with his hands to look at my backdoor, he said the locks fine. I must have imagined locking the door. Everything was going fine. My house was starting to make sense again.

The only thing that annoyed me was the sun shining through the cracks of the attic. It was around 2pm when I came home with a curtain and was about to cover up the window. I opened up the attic, pulled down the stairs. I walked up the staircase, swallowing down my saliva. I felt goosebumps, but this had to be done. I didn't want to be unhappy with my house. I still don't want to be.

My feet finally reached the last step, and I walked off the stairs and onto the floor. The light hit my face to the point I had to squint. Not from the sun, but the dinky light bulb. I probably left it on, but that didn't matter. I turned it off and continued to cover the window.

As I flicked the switch to turn off the light, everything went dark. Everything in the god damn room. There was no window. I wondered what the source was from the light that peaks through the attic. The light bulb? But it comes and goes. I can understand me forgetting to turn it off once, or twice. But this is a regular thing. Besides, I don't even remember turning it on.

And I swear on my life. The next thing that happened gave me goosebumps. I have a cold sweat running down my spine as I type this. My hands are shaking. My fingers are tingling. This scared me, and will continue to scare me for the rest of my life.

I turned around to go down the stairs, and in the corner of the room, I saw something. Someone. A human. A living, breathing, fucking human. His eyes were peeled wide open, staring at me. I stopped in my tracks and did not move an inch. At first I thought it was a doll or some shit, but as I slowly stepped to a side, his eyes would slowly trace me. Watching me.

My mind stopped. My body stopped. My entire being stopped, telling me not to move. I swallowed down the saliva that had built up as the humanoid shadow just watched me. Silently. Fucking hell, I had no clue what to do. I felt a sweat drip down the side of my head, I felt air fill my lungs and leave them. This was reality.

After a temporary silence, my eyes adjusted to the darkness. He was a dirty man, aged between 24-30ish. His clothes were torn, his stench was foul. I looked around the room and could see scatters of food. Old chicken I had thrown in the garbage, rice, canned food. Rotten food. The room smelt like rotten food and piss.

I just screamed. I just fucking shouted at him. "Who the FUCK are you?" My heart was still racing a million beats a minute. And at the sound of my voice, the man just ran down the stairs, through the house. What the fuck. What the fuck was going on?

I didn't even chase him. I was scared, so fucking terrified. I ended up running out of the fucking house. I don't even know when I dropped the curtain, but holy shit I was out of that house like no ones business.

I called the police and they had checked it out. They said there was definitely someone living in the attic of my house. I'm currently with my family again, but half my shit is still in that house. I don't know what to do. Fucking hell. Why did this have to happen to me?

I'm actually on a paranormal investigation team, and one of the things we suggest to homeowners is to take back their homes. So I agree with what Indieanna says. It may sound and feel stupid, but it honestly works, maybe even if it is just to calm your nerves.

Maybe I'm just superstitious and watch too much Supernatural, but I think Bloody Mary games aren't a good idea. I think they're like Ouija boards, and can cause a lot of trouble.

Your on a Paranormal investigation team? That's Frickin SWEET! Your like a real life Ghostbuster. I'm like a paranormal fanatic. That's why I play so many horror survival games. The idea that ghost's might actually exist and approaching it scientifically is just bad ass. I can't say I watch like ghost hunter's but, I often find myself watching those paranormal marathons on history channel. When I saw this post I just smiled. Right on tragedy.

Jezz, well you shouldn't be so freaked out about this, it's just a hobo. That's what I was thinking the whole time I was reading your logs lol. If it was me I would have gotten a friend to come over to check the storeroom/attic out long ago. It's a lot less scarey when people are with you lol. If your that easily scared you should look into having someone live with you I think I read it's a two bedroom. My sister went insane living on her own, at least that's what I heard, she thinks we unplug her electronics when we haven't talked to her for years and screams at our mom for no reason when she sees her.

Edited by seirachan