I'M BORED, SO, LET'S WRITE SOMETHING RANDOM!

Breathless

So, this is another one of those nights where I have nothing to do. So why not write a story? This seems to be happening alot lately, so WHY NOT MAKE A THREAD FOR THESE NIGHTS!!?

I'll start putting my random stories in here. The ones where I write them on the forum, I'll keep my planned stories separate. (you know, because i never end up writting them!) Anywho. Let's get started.

Most Recent

Outside the Coffee shop.

"Ah- Oh. Sorry."

It was a pretty woman who had bumped into me. In her rush to leave the cafe she bumped into me and spilt her coffee, though none of it got on me, she still apolagized.

"It's okay." I forced a weak smile before making my way to the counter. "A medium espresso, please."

"That'll be $4.15." I was half way through taking the money out of my wallet when a voice stopped me. "A-Ah! I'll pay for that. Consider it my apology."

"Oh. Thanks."

I didn't really want her to pay for my coffee, but I let her anyway. I was bad at dealing with strangers, to say the least. They made me nervous. It wasn't the conversations that were hard, but the eye contact.

After she had paid for my coffee, I walked out of the cafe, though stopped once again. I felt a tug halt my movement for the slightest moment. I looked back to see her hand holding my jacket. It looked so small.

"Yes?" I asked rather forcefully.

"Sorry. I'm actually a bit lost... Do you think you could tell me where Amethyst Square is?"

Amethyst Square was a collage of several shopping centres. It's the place to go if you wanted cheap clothes that still look fashionable. It's down James St, through the second alleyway on your right.

"I don't know, sorry."

I lied.

"Oh... Sorry for stopping you. Have a nice day." She showed a smile that almost made me feel guilty for lying.

"Sorry I couldn't help." I gave another dry smile. "That's okay." she continued to smile.

After drinking my coffee I threw away the empty cup and went back to the office. It's been about an hour since I first entered that coffee shop.

I hope she found Amethyst sq.

AFTER THOUGHTS:

Once again the ending was kind of rushed. I don't know, I wanted to go one way with the story (Romantic encounter), but then got sidetracked. I ended up turning her into some sort of ESPER, or someone with the power to mind read (and possibly more), and went absolutely crazy. That felt totally out of place compaired to the rest of the story, so I cut that out and restarted. Or rather, cut that out and just ended the story there. I had fun with the characters though, might make a story where the protagonist has social issues, and the heroine tries to cure it.We'll see. Thankyou for reading this.

Previous Works

Not together, Together.

'th-thump'. 'th-thump'.

The heart beat. Her heart beat...

Why does it sound so loud when the doctors tell me it's growing faint.

'th-thump'.

I'm just watching her chest. Rise. Fall. over and over again. Watching her struggling. Trying to live.

And then a thought runs through my mind.

"When will this end?"

followed by the feeling of dread and self-hate. I hate myself for even thinking about the end.

And even as I scold myself. I force my mind to tell me "She's still alive now. Be thankfull."

And then... I hate myself even more. I can't think of the future. Because when I think like that, she's not there.

No matter how hard I tell myself. "She'll be there." The image of the future is still... so...

lonely.

'th-thump'.

Her heart beat brings my mind back from hating myself to hating the world.

Why did it have to be her. What did she do wrong?

And...

And if it had to happen...

Why did the world let us meet?

Why do I have to go through this pain...

'th-thump'.

self-loathing comes back...

The vicious cycle of my mind continues to break me down. The only thing that comes from it is hate.

Hating the world.

Hating her situation.

Hating my situation.

Hating myself.

Hate.

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Hate Hate  Hate Hate HateHate Hate H a t e Hate HATE

HATE HaTe HATE HateHate Hate Hate   hATE HATE HATE

Hate.

'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'.

~Bee------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------eep~

'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'. 'th-thump'.

A crowd of doctors rush in through the door.

What... are they doing?

What are the saying?...

I hear muffled sounds. But... my ears can't quite keep up.

Slowly... They fade away... into... whiteness...

'clink'

A sound of metal hitting marble rings through my ears...

I drop my head... slowly... as if to follows the sound...

It's... that thing... that's keeps... appearing... in the back of my head...

Why is it... covered in blood?

Whos...

Aah... That's right... That's my blood...

My vision finally fades to a white. But past that white is... her.

But her expression... Is it angry, sad?

It doesn't matter... At least we're together.

This be your second one I have read. You say  rushed, I say well composed, with some level of experience in writing, and critical thiking in said writing. You created an atmosphere that almost everyone can relate to. (a definite plus.) You created intrigue, something that has a lot of play like code geass started out.

I see a little frusteration in it though. But, it doesn't ruin the overall quality. How long have you been doing this?

I difinitely, although it was short, enjoyed reading it.