SOTW #103: Animals [Results]

poetictragedy

wonTi.jpg
Signature of the Week #103
Theme: Animals!

This theme includes drawings, photos, etc. of animals that can be found in the world today, such as ducks and badgers. Mythical and fictional animals, such as Pokemon and unicorns, cannot be used.

Rules:
  • All entries are to be submitted by Friday, February 8.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check this thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
  • This thread is strictly for entry submission, voting, and results. Other SOTW discussions belong in a separate SOTW Discussions thread. ANY DISCUSSIONS POSTED HERE WILL BE DELETED.
Edited by poetictragedy

[VOTING]

Rules:

• All votes are to be submitted by Sunday, February 10.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.
  • This thread is strictly for entry submission, voting, and results. Other SOTW discussions belong in a separate SOTW Discussions thread. ANY DISCUSSIONS POSTED HERE WILL BE DELETED.

Example:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

Entries:
Dreamcastor:
KittySIG_zps373dab3d-1_zps07f7bb3f.png

Breathless:
puppu.png

jobonline20:
tigererased_zps4fad9fb7.png

firedogx10
BLueTigerCamo_zps6911e78c.png

Edited by poetictragedy

Firedogx20- I honestly can't find one thing I don't like about this entry.  GREAT JOB
Breathless- Seems a little "blah", I think that is the word for it.  Not sure.  Anyways, well, I don't like dogs but it was still pretty good.
jobonline20- Seems a little lazy. I think with a bit more effort it could have been a bit better.  Something seems off about it...can't quite put my finger on it.

Edited by Dreamcastor

Ok now that I am signed back in...

firedog:  the only thing I have to say against it is the ball of light to the right drawing my attention away from the tiger...

dreamcaster:  Kitty!!!!  ok I have a slight weakness towards kitties, but it is popping bubbles outside the box :D

Breathlesss:  The feeling I get off this is meh...

Firedog: Super cool work. I like how the white effects look like they're around the tiger and not just over.
Dreamcastor: Damn, that cat is so cute. I like how it actually looks like it's playing with those bubble things.
Jobonline: Nice render. The colour scheme is a bit too strong for me. It's looks almost unnatural. Anway, nice work. keep it up!

Breathless -- Clean, simple, and rather effective. It's soft and matches the render. I don't know how I feel about the star on the far right though, haha.

Firedog -- Clean, sassy, and energetic, haha. I like the stylistic flora around the tiger, but I think more could have been done with the text to match that feeling.

Dreamcastor -- Cute and playful, and I do like the pop out effect. However, the green outline around the bubbles didn't sit well with me. They look like fart bubbles. =| And I think the bubbles over the cat should cause muted colours, not vibrant colours.

Breathless - Good colors, blending, and placement. I saw EO mentioned the star, and I couldn't even find it for a minute, haha. I don't think it detracts very much because it's subtle, but I do think it's a little out of place.

Dreamcastor - I probably wouldn't have used green for the background. And like EO said, I think the bubbles should be more subtle.

firedogx10 - This is totally a personal preference, but I don't like floral brushes. I love the background though!

Edited by poetictragedy

firedogx10-It looks awesome! Only criticism is the tiger looks too mean with the red eyes lol (but I like white tigers and am a girl who doesn't think their mean :P)

Dreamcastor: The kitty is soooo cute, I like how it looks like he/she is playing with the bubbles. I lol'd at the fart bubbles remark, but to me the only other colour option that would've worked is maybe light blue (pink would be too girly yellow and orange would've clashed/too much red etc too vibrant) in my opinion the green was your best choice though (I also liked your original choice of the white tiger but I'm partial to them :) )

Breathless: I want that puppy! I didn't really like the Animal label on it but it was colour coordinated very well :)