~Ideas Corner~

Dark_Angel13

Well I don't know if anyone remembers my high school soccer story, but I've decided to post it again with a reboot since most of the memebers who signed up aren't here anymore. Mainly though, I'm using it to see if sign-ups may make a story more popular haha.

http://forums.kametsu.com/index.php?/topic/35479-kametsu-high-school-soccer-club-story-sign-up/

• 1 month later...

I'm having a bit of a hard time coming up with anything to write about that could be a series augh lsdkjf;sdlkj

would any of you be interested in a sign-up type story done by me?

Anyway, I have some semblance of an idea so I'm going to vomit it out here.

A gang conveniently called the Fiend Club finds a creature in a dirty alleyway.  One of them wants to kill it just to see what color it bleeds [he's not very bright lmao] but everyone else is interested in making money off of it, so they take it.  When they have it in one of their warehouse hideouts, it's revealed that they've found....an angel!  Only no not really.  It's some kind of shapeshifter.  Probably.  Maybe it's a ~~~vampire~~~ or a shiba inu werewolf or maybe a weredove or an alien life form.

anyway, they would exploit it to make some sicknasty money off of it [they're not entirely sure what gender it is, but they're mostly convinced that it's female], but having it around would start to stress on gang relations with their other ways of making money, and one of them wants to save it.

they may or may not try to save it by breaking into the place it's being held and stealing it then driving off in a stolen car to /somewhere/

Does this make sense to anyone at all?

OKAY so you want to have this gang of crazy dude who find this thing that looks ALMOST human but obviously isn't human (species undefined so far) and a dude who isn't so bright want to know if it bleeds red or maybe something else, but everyone else is like "dudes we could get so rich off this thing" so the hold it hostage and one of the guys is like "poor bloody thing" and tries to save it and he does and takes it away somewhere nicer?

forgive me for repeating almost exactly what you said but sort of my way of making sure I am understanding what you're trying to get across

Edited by Shazi

Having it be a supernatural thing of some kind could be fun. Probably not a werewolf though, that would just transform and bite the faces off of the whole gang.

Aliens can be fun too. You could have it ask the nice one to take it to its ship, and then you have a Witch Mountain type thing going on.

Alien supernatural things can be really fun. But not an alien werewolf, because that would probably eat the gang too.

what if it was a color vampire though?  that was weak from not eating

that can bleed a rainbow o uo

nah but something that's both an alien and supernatural would be pretty cool, i agree.   i just don't like the idea of it being something powerful that could actually hurt them badly, for some reason.

Edited by Pinkie Pie

So make it something weak, like Paper Mache, or Raditz.

A vampire who hasn't eaten in awhile, or one who doesn't have any of the physical strength/speed a lot of modern vamps get would be cool. The one that hasn't eaten would probably end up devouring at least one member of the gang before or during the big escape though...

I'm a pretty strong advocate of the start-with-your-protagonist school of writing. Find out his wants and his needs and I bet that will shed a lot of light on what this creature has to be able to do to bring the protagonists story to completion. However you get to it, I'm sure it'll be great. Can't wait to read it!

DuLake? Holy shit son, where you been? lol

That aside, I have a bit of a puzzler. I've been going through a bit of a dry spell recently when it comes to writing and have been finding it hard to just sit down and get it done. But this isn't the problem, the problem is I've gotten like this due to a lack of character inspiration.

I've basically got the background details and the plot for this story set up, and have already started writing it in earnest. But this character is supposed to be something of the emotional core of the early narrative and I can't seem to convey that properly. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me.

Popping my head in here. I was writing a story a few nights ago. I re-read it but I've been quite ill lately, and my eyes just glaze over it. Anyway, I'll outline my question.

So my protagonist in this is a child. It's set during the times of warriors and magic.  You even hunt for your food. Are there Dragons and other said creatures? I don't know. Gods? I'll add them in. Whether they're real or just make belief in my story, I'll decide that later... This boy has heard a rumor about a Wizard atop of a hill, who can make any wish come true. He wants to go there with his friend for reasons unknown. <The rest of the story goes here>

Now, I don't know if I want to make this, a short story. Boy adventures into the wild to reach the hill/wizard. Or, if I want to make this the prologue, put in a time-skip, and the boy is a teenager/young adult.

That's the main question, but the whole world is still lacking in detail. So if you have any nifty ideas how to spice it up, those would help me too. - Also, how do you write when your protagonist is a child. I want to kill mine already. He thinks he's all top-stuff, damn it. I don't know if I'm showing that he's a kid, or if I'm just turning him into a complete jerk.

Lol well I'd reccomend getting a beta reader for your story to really help with it if you want it to go like a prologue for the kid then the story. Writing as a child can be really difficult, especially as an adult. I just write them as they're naive and really clueless but at the same time kind of passionate about things they want, like going to see the wizard for example.

Just try and not make him sound like tough shit lol, since he is just a kid after all. For the world and spicing it up I'd reccomend going into some real detail with it, maybe writing a really long prologue for this and describing the world in great detail. Whenever I write things like this I often think of the rpgs I've played and how I saw those worlds and how they spoke about them like:

From the mountains of Gargosh to the lava pits of Rengear there is a great evil blah blah. It's usually voiced like that lol so yeah, unsure if I've been much help if any at all but that's my advice lol

I actually really like the trope of kids talking like adults, haha. Have you read Paranatural? The primary cast is kids and it is an A+ webcomic.

It's okay to hate your characters, I hate a lot of mine. I think some of them are stupid and want them to die. Sometimes I kill them.

I guess one world building aspect you can work on is how magic works in your world! I really enjoy creating magic mechanics. o3o

• Like 1

When I first started writing they used to be all Vanilla Romance Fanfics, so I loved all my characters to the point of obsession. Then I got into reading some NTR stuff. God damn, I hated characters. I hated life. I wanted to write, and create those feelings for other people. The result? I'll occasionally write a character whom's face I want to eat off out of pure hatred. Yum.

The idea of how magic works never really came to me. Wow. Mind Blown. I've already got a super good idea for that. (LOL) Arigato~.

And Dark, oh my god. My MC wishes he was tough shit. He's like, one of those brats. "BOO-HOO HE'S STRONGER THAN ME, BUT I'M STILL GOOD, PLZ PRAISE ME!" OH MY GOD KILL HIM PLEASE. I'm trying really hard to set this up for some character development though. Admittedly, though, I've already created like 50 bad ends, where he just dies looking at the hill. He dies as he reaches the top of the hill. He's not even the MC, and he's actually the father of the MC, this is a prologue to a prologue.

• Like 3