Sword Art Online (whole franchise)

ShadowWolf

So what they are saying is that the jump from episode 2-3 is because in the novels they excluded all the middle floors (including the ones in the anime(?) and had them in later novels as filler (like game DLC(?)) and that is the reason that they were not included in the anime (probably along with other reasons like having too much filler and/or dragging the season out)

the area from here and a few lines below this used to be about a pharagraph, but i realized that i was just agreeing with Lemmingllama so to make things short and to the point: i agree with Lemmingllama!

P.S. please correct me if i am wrong.  i never read the novels so i am just going off what i have seen in the anime and read on this thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the spoiler you said events happened in a certain order in the novels, then after the P.S. you said you never read the novels. You kinda sound like a troll, Imho.

• Like 1

So basically you don't know shit about the light novels except for what others have said here and then you try to agree with them basically, yeah that makes total sense... I agree with Axel that you're a troll or just trying to boost your post count

Just because he hasnt read the novels, it doesnt mean that he has no knowledge of them. I have never read the novels myself, but I have chatted with people who have and I got the gist of it.

Anyways, Koby put across the point I was trying to make with much more detail

I personally loved SAO, sure it wasn't perfect, but I looked forward to it every week and it was refreshing to see an anime like it. It certainly doesn't deserve all the hate it gets

Its mainly due to the fact that it could have been much better and it just settled for ok. It had great source material and a fantastic opening, then they went to filler almost immediately and skipped through ALO without even paying attention to most of the details. It was good like an 8/10, but if it stayed like the first episode or two then it would have definitely been a 10/10.

I thought SAO was interesting, but the ending to the "season" was. Kind of odd. Makes the title of the anime... questionable? I guess that's the easiest way to put it.

And like Koby mentioned, episodes 2-7 were filler when you sit there and think about it, but my statement still holds true. SAO Just seems like an inappropriate title for the anime as a result of what happens in the future novels and during the second half of the season. Future seasons are inevitable in my honest opinion since it has gained such popularity for changing up the stereotypical school-type animes back to a MMO-style anime reminiscent of .//Hack but when they make those into anime, the title will still be bothering me. In the end, they do make a nod back towards SAO, but I feel they could've developed something better to use.

In terms of story/plot, I thought it was good. It was fresh and kind of exciting to follow, obvious cliches and whatnot but it wasn't awful. Having not read the novels, I feel they could've done more to flesh out the relationships between all of the characters that are really "main" characters.

• Like 1

I thought that SAO was a breath of fresh.  After so many over moe anime, or anime that just caitored to the otaku "b"s out there.  It was great to see an anime with such thought put into it.  It is true, that it could have gone farther at times but I think it hit the mark were it counts. 

From what I descovered; I don't know about any haters on the west side but I do know the anime was hated on some in Japan for its lack of "mature" content. Also the nerd ragers who whined becasue it was belived the noval would have more in common with the mmo the writer said inspired the work. 

• Like 1

It is an awesome anime and I thoroughly enjoyed it! The characters were lacking slightly maybe but still loved every moment of the anime.

Haha. I enjoyed it myself but I wouldn't go out of the way to say it was amazing. Like Hawkester mentioned in a few of his post in the earlier pages. The anime is only the way it is because they adapted two whole arcs into a short and brief 20 some episodes. I forget if Hawkester mentioned it or not, or if I read it somewhere else but they were considering writing in the gaps in between the episodes to fill up to the final floor that they arrive in SAO's arc.

Eeeeeh. "Filler" you might ask? Yes, but there's your possible character development; if given any more than what little we have at it is now.

• Like 1

It is an awesome anime and I thoroughly enjoyed it! The characters were lacking slightly maybe but still loved every moment of the anime.

Haha. I enjoyed it myself but I wouldn't go out of the way to say it was amazing. Like Hawkester mentioned in a few of his post in the earlier pages. The anime is only the way it is because they adapted two whole arcs into a short and brief 20 some episodes. I forget if Hawkester mentioned it or not, or if I read it somewhere else but they were considering writing in the gaps in between the episodes to fill up to the final floor that they arrive in SAO's arc.

Eeeeeh. "Filler" you might ask? Yes, but there's your possible character development; if given any more than what little we have at it is now.

Mhm I'm aware that it was meant to have two more arcs like the manga which honestly I wish it did have them both, I may need to go and read the manga unless they intend on making spinoffs or something to cover the other two arcs.

i never read the manga i watched the anime first then stumbled upon the light novels here http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online

which ive read everyone and let me tell you reading them was a joy i had like 4 sleepless nights cuz of it give it a shot it gives so much more intricate detail then either the anime or the manga

• Like 1

i never read the manga i watched the anime first then stumbled upon the light novels here http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online

which ive read everyone and let me tell you reading them was a joy i had like 4 sleepless nights cuz of it give it a shot it gives so much more intricate detail then either the anime or the manga

Thanks Ren, I'll check em out

• Like 1