Sword Art Online (whole franchise)

ShadowWolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the first anime I saw as I was getting into the anime scene. It's pretty good although I wasn't a fan of the Alfheim (2nd Arc) Arc of Season 1. That aside though, the first arc/season 2/movie were all solid.

I really like stuff like this that is rather different than your usual run of the mill high-school drama / sol / etc anime. It's pretty refreshing to me.

On 12/16/2017 at 2:59 PM, sudoku said:

It's a good rpg series, right up there with Dot Hack series, Tales of the Abyss, Overlord, and Log Horizon.  If I'm missing any others, feel free to list them.

Never heard of this one before. Sounds interesting (Just read the MAL Page). Added to my list to check out at some point.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So how is the new season? Does it have a good story? Does it continue after Season2 or is it entirely new story? Also, I see the animation is different this time around, does that mean it's a different studio?

I've yet to watch a single episode and I'll only watch it after the entire thing becomes available on BD here though.

On 10/29/2018 at 3:02 AM, toonami335 said:

So how is the new season? Does it have a good story? Does it continue after Season2 or is it entirely new story? Also, I see the animation is different this time around, does that mean it's a different studio?

I've yet to watch a single episode and I'll only watch it after the entire thing becomes available on BD here though.

I've only seen the first two episodes so far of SAO S3 Alicization, but I'm enjoying it. It is a continuation of the previous two, but basically starting over on a whole new arc. It is useful to have an idea of the history behind the characters, but probably not totally necessary since it is a new story line.

I believe it is a different studio, but honestly the character design and art is so similar you barely notice. Nbd.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Haha was going to say... Gale. But straightface beat me to it!

Do you mean the GGO arc in the first half of main series Season 2, or the SAO Alternative that takes place in GGO that was out a few months ago? 

I thought the time in S2 where they were in GGO was OK, it wasn't my favorite. Haven't gotten a chance to watch Alternative yet, but hopefully soon! Watching S3 Alicization right now and enjoying it so far though.

The hate for SAO is really annoying, especially on reddit /r/anime. Turns me off from even going there sometimes since they are so circlejerky/hivemind about stuff like that.

I happen to like SAO on a general principle. Haven't watched the GGO Alt yet though. I think that the relative overall story quality was best in SAO arc. It maybe went down a little after that but managed to keep it good enough.

The hate for SAO is really annoying, especially on reddit /r/anime. Turns me off from even going there sometimes since they are so circlejerky/hivemind about stuff like that .

It's not often that I find an anime totally bad or annoying. I do find some of them to be rather "slow" for lack of a better word.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/8/2015 at 11:14 PM, LuciferDarkKing said:

With the recent announcement of the SAO movie, all I can really say is that I hope it comes out good, and that unlike the actual anime doesnt cut out so much. I love this show but I really wish it could have just been longer and cut less out.

this was a long time ago xD but to follow up since i have seen the movie since this post, i can honestly say that i found this movie to be pretty amazing and honestly might have even enjoyed it more than the first 2 seasons xD