Anyone into Team Fortress 2?

Dazzep

I like TF2. I first played it when I bought the orange box several years ago. I mostly play as the scout, the soldier, the demoman, and the sniper. It's a pretty fun game, and the plus side of it having cel shaded graphics is that they have held up pretty well over the years. Feel free to add me on steam if you ever want to play together. My steam name is ba11ard.

Didn't really like it. I couldn't get used to it. I thought I would like Scout, but he was so hard to control. I probably need to give it more time lol.

I know how you feel. I didn't really like it the first time I played it either. I tried it again a few months ago and I actually like it now. I'm not sure what it was that changed my mind about it though. Give it another try later on like I did to see if that does anything.

Hat simulator! Seriously... this game used to be good, before people started idling for hats n stuff.

I don't play it so much, now that it's f2p (not that it makes a difference, but the updates after that were almost always for more hats). But I used to be either demoman, soldier, scout or medic.

I played it a long time ago before the F2P. Someone gifted it for me. Didn't really like it. I couldn't get used to it. I thought I would like Scout, but he was so hard to control. I probably need to give it more time lol.

sometimes it can get frustrating if you die too much, but give it another chance and you'll probably like it

Edited by Dazzep

I love this game. The fact that it's free to play only makes it so much better.

I mainly play offense as the Scout or the Pyro, mainly switching between those two when the situation calls for it.

Scout - When I take this guy, I just go wild. Pull out a fish and start running around wild, double jumping and running like crazy, smacking a fish in the face of all enemies I see. This guy works wonders against the Heavy, if you can keep moving properly. You can circle around him and beat him to death before he gets a chance to use his giant ass machine gun. The worst enemy for this guy would be the Pyro, even if you try running around that guy, he'll put you on fire and considering the already low starter health, fire ain't exactly helpful.

Pyro - So when i saw how effective fire was, I took a pyro and boy, oh boy, its fun as hell. Not only do i get to set people on fire and hear their screams, if i can sneak up on a group from behind, I get 6 hits in one and then it just keeps rising. It's just point and aim literally. Not only that, but when the Soldiers start firing their bazookas, I can actually return fire with the Secondary attack.

Occassionally, i'll drop into the support role of the Medic if we have zero medics on the team and start healing up the Heavies and Scouts and whoever else shouts for it.

i got tired of the game fast, certain classes feel seriously OP the pyro i really hate the pryo and a few other classes it really didnt just hold my interest very long as we speak im pretty much going about the process of uninstalling it to save the near 20 gigs it takes up on my harddrive

Most classes are kinda balanced in a rock-paper-scissors fashion against other classes. There is an exception in The Spy, but playing a spy properly is as much a mind game against your opponents as it is player skill. (Though truth be told, that pyro can also play some serious mind games in the hands of an expert. I've had no few people rage quit when I was playing my pyro properly. Reverse blast grenades and rockets back to sender. Flame up anything that tries getting close. Airblast opponents up against a wall or to give you some space. Flare anything I've set on fire for an instant 90 damage critical. Give those corners some loving warm'n'tender cleaning of spies trying to hide. List goes on...) Though the pyro's biggest weakness is The Sniper followed up by The Heavy. Both of them can have some range on you and deliver a world of hurt.

• 1 month later...

I am 200% TF2 player and always will be, my fav classes: #1 - Solly #2 - Demo #3 - Scunt

I heard that some people dislike this game cause it's f2p now and that tf2 is only about hat and stuff and they want some real challenge, well you can always go competitive (find a team join a league and start earning some fame). http://etf2l.org/ (for those who don't know)

And if you find it's hard and you need to play half of your life to have the same skills of others then there are some special modes like mge for example which will save you a lot of time.

Unfortunately I am only div 5 solly :(

Edited by Mr.Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...