Steam on Linux

L4ugh

For anyone who doesn't already know, Valve is porting Steam to linux. The game selection is pretty low at this point, but it looks fairly promising that Valve isn't going to back out of this one. 

I've been waiting for Portal before I try it myself, but it's suppose to be in beta now. I'll probably install it when the new #! ISOs drop.

Have any linux users tried it yet?

I'm interested in knowing how good the other available games are. The only other one I've seen that interest me so far is Serious Sam.

Made me really happy. The only reasons I continue to use Windows are Photoshop and Steam support. 

If Steam gets everything working on Linux, as it does on Windows, I'll definitely not think twice about partitioning my HDD so that only Photoshop related things are contained on the Windows OS.

If you like shooters, two bigger titles that have been ported over are Counter Strike and Killing Floor. I can vouch for both being quite fun even if they are time waster kind of games. Would also give an extra +1 to Serious Sam, although I haven't tried the newest one it is supposed to be quite good.

Not sure how good the Steam platform works on Linux, I tend to stick to Windows since I can get the newest versions for free. It hasn't been reported to be buggy, except for the bits that are buggy on all the OS's. Still, good that they now have about 70ish games available.