Kametsu MIA Explained | Future of Kametsu

Koby

I would be for a mix of options 3 and 4. Seed boxes look pretty good and I'm ready to seed 24/7 at the maximum my connection will allow which is ~125 kilo bytes per second. I could also upload the few animes I have to ddl servers since I can leave my computer on all the time. I'll wait for some decisions of Koby to start uploading or if you have a good ddl site I could upload to I'm willing to start uploading now.

Edit : I've started uploading Canaan dual audio in 1080p and 720p is following so no need for anyone else to upload except if u have a 480p version anyone wants.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad Kametsu forums is back ;)

Worth of a try it also Share-Online.biz , have seen it on many other sites who're actually also searching for new hosting sites and it's a good one through, tested it myself and just can say that's it's worth trying it out ;) .

Uploaded.to is also a good one but they've blocked U.S. so ain't sure if it would be a good idea.

Do whatever you think but don't upl. any fiels at depositefiles , it's a crapy hosting web :/ , max speed FOR PREMIUM users is something around 20 % more then if you would use a free one. With my connection I would need to have a download speed of 7 Mbp/s and I get as a premium user only 100-200 kbp/s tha's anoying :| .

RS is also a good one, it's better then before through and it's located in swiss so not really have anything to do with U.S. laws at all ( I think :P ) .

About IRC, if you would like to use it would get something expensive but not that much since you'll need to buy a shell so you can create an eggdrop ( haven't done it for a time but if I read something around I could get it done again ) and then you would need your own server if you don't want that others to download from Kametsu uploaters then only our members, but there are also other ways to get this done since there are more then enough methodes to get through this.

Anyway, keep the good work going on and if help needed just let me know ;) .

Cheers

Welcome back Kametsu, that was a long 15 days

"It seems you have not posted in a long time..."

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

I think we should continue like we did before, we should continue using both file-hosting and torrents. Maybe torrents will just take a more important place. At first I was against torrents, because my school blocks all ports other than 80, but I'm almost done with this school so it's ok. As for File-Hosting, I'm pretty sure that they won't all close down, and if they did other ones will be created.

And if all seems to fail, we could just buy the anime series.

This may be a really stupid question, but I don't have a premium account with anyone, is their anywhere I can upload some of my anime to so I can post it on here? I am a noob when it comes to this so I apologize if the question is stupid. As of now I have never uploaded, only donated. Any advice?

i'd say having your own download server is best and most would agree with that after all torrents are too slow.

i know it'l be hard to get one made up though.

if the torrent thing happans though would it be like the whole series in one torrent?

i only joined up on this site get the downloads at first but im staying on.

Torrents speed depend on the SEEDERS(person(s) uploading) internet. I know why Rune always got so upset at me when I used to say torrents were slow now lol. Anyway the torrent itself can only be slow if the seeders have shit internet or if too many people are downloading for a small number of seeders.

I'm guessing you don't have much experience with torrents.

Because you can select what files in a torrent to download. Meaning you don't have to download the entire torrent and therefore splitting series into different torrents is kind of pointless for completed series.

I also only have a max upload speed of 120 kbps that usually averages around 40 kbps instead. :/ However this is where seed boxes come in. A cheap seedbox is as low as $10 to $15 a month. That's the same you'd pay for a premium account at a file host, except the seed box can be used for any torrent on the entire internet.

What a seed box does is download/seed a torrent using a server instead of your home computer. The server is on a much faster connection. Most seed boxes I see for rent online are usually on a 10 GB connection. So it'll seed amazingly fast as well as download amazingly fast. Then you can download the files you want directly from your seed box server through ftp.

A ten gb connection? o.O Are you sure about that?

Thank goodness!! I thought kametsu was taken down along the lines of Megaupload and the like.

I have about 1TB of anime I could share, but I'm currently living in a Dorm room at college, and they watch our internet traffic like bloodhounds. In a couple of months (i know that's kind of far off) when I have my own apartment I could definitely upload what I have or seed it on a private tracker if that's the way things go.

I just sent Koby a list of Anime's that are top quality I have. :) The series I watch on t.v. I tend to get copies of on the internet. One being every Bleach episode that is English Dub :) cept for the past 2 episodes :/ but I have a massive collection and I mean massive. I want to help this site so badly I can't sit by and let the government do what they please anymore.

I'm glad Kametsu is back up and running! I was worried there for a little bit when it disappeared at around the same time as MegaUpload. Even with the downloads no longer working I would still visit the site if it came to that. Although I'm incapable of donating at the present, I'll try to as soon as possible!

Thanks for all your hard work Koby in getting the whole system back up and running again!

I'm guessing you don't have much experience with torrents.

Because you can select what files in a torrent to download. Meaning you don't have to download the entire torrent and therefore splitting series into different torrents is kind of pointless for completed series.

I also only have a max upload speed of 120 kbps that usually averages around 40 kbps instead. :/ However this is where seed boxes come in. A cheap seedbox is as low as $10 to $15 a month. That's the same you'd pay for a premium account at a file host, except the seed box can be used for any torrent on the entire internet.

What a seed box does is download/seed a torrent using a server instead of your home computer. The server is on a much faster connection. Most seed boxes I see for rent online are usually on a 10 GB connection. So it'll seed amazingly fast as well as download amazingly fast. Then you can download the files you want directly from your seed box server through ftp.

my bad forgot about that feature. not really familiar with with torrents besides where to find them and how to use utorrent.

the seed box sounds a good idea. would it be $10-$15 each user, or as a whole?

It's back!!!!!! omg I stopped checking for a while xD. Welcome back kametsu :3.

Now as for the issues presently affecting us... I think we should try to reboot the downloads section. However, I'm not sure where to put stuff or how we'll deal with another company closing off downloads. I personally don't keep very much anime on me, so I can't contribute much to the upload pool :(. I do know some people who do keep all the anime they watch on some hard drive somewhere so I'll see if I can't get them to help out.

i dont think it would be an issue cuz we all want more anime so i dont see why people would not seed it would be like a kinda trade, il seed this and you can seed that so we all get what we want =]

me again screw the torrents idea i just been reading up on IRC and there awesome well worth donating for =P

What I meant to say is that while series such as bleach and naruto will have no problems getting seeds, more obsure and popular series will struggle, and lets face it downloading a 20gig series with one seed will be just painful.

What I meant to say is that while series such as bleach and naruto will have no problems getting seeds, more obsure and popular series will struggle, and lets face it downloading a 20gig series with one seed will be just painful.

The seedbox would be used to help get series started going smoothly and ratio limits should help people get the urge to maintain ratio and seed stuff. If something is lacking seeds we could have a seed request section where our seed box and anyone else with the series could help by making sure it's seeded again. And we could still likely have filesharing on the forum as back up as well maybe.

Now I know I'm new here but first off for the type of site this is I don't see torrents working well. The coverage would be spotty to say the least and a lot of great anime would be shoved aside for the Luke's of bleach and pokemon. Now if your serious about sharing hosting and getting anime out there then I recommend using east European countries that are not treated up with good ol big brother.russia, Netherlands, vs, wz, are just a few that come to mind. And by god with the fed attacking the .com and .net with thier claim of jurisdiction cover your but and get hosted there yourself. I'm sad to say it but my country is really out for blood now and the only reason is about money.