Kametsu MIA Explained | Future of Kametsu

Koby

If you decide to go with torrents, you might want to put a how to up for people like me who don't know much about them. IF that is up then it would make it easier to learn how to seed, if I am getting the lingo correct. I may not know much about it, but I am willing to learn.

I second this. If you go to torrents I'm going to need a how to as well.

Same thing for IRC.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's such a huge relief to see that Kametsu is back! I kept checking almost everyday to see if it's working again and finally discovered that it was up and running. I think that Shazi's suggestion of closing the Download section till they are sorted out is practical. Basically Torrent is one of the best downloading methods so far......hope you guys get it back on track soon.

Glad Kametsu is up and running again. Have you given any thought into changing, the website extension from .com to something else? Another, website I use changed theirs last year. Do you think it may be a good idea? Considering the FBI has said if a website ends in .com or .net that gives them jurisdiction.

I would prefer, file hosts but I understand they are becoming extinct. Having direct download would be great but costly. And do you really want to host the files yourself? Having them somewhere else might be safer. I don't know how to use IRC but I'm willing to learn, torrents however, is something I stay away from. The few times I used them, it was slow and one of the shows I wanted had over 200 leechers and only 1 seeder (This is what lead me to find sites like Kametsu) plus I needed extra software to convert the files. Then there is the issue of seeding, I know I would not be able to seed anything. I found out the hard way that my cable provider has bandwidth limitation.

Have you considered Uploadc, Putlocker, SockShare, VideoWeed and NovaMov to name a few? I know they’re video players but they do offer download links. Good luck to you it can‘t be easy right now.

I remember reading a while back that '.me' is indeed outside of US jurisdiction which may be the reason why sites like emuparadise switched over to this. Of course the server obviously would also have to be outside the US which I believe is the case anyway atm. Dunno how much of a difference or not a switch to '.me' would be, I'm just now in the process of relearning web design.

I remember reading a while back that '.me' is indeed outside of US jurisdiction which may be the reason why sites like emuparadise switched over to this. Of course the server obviously would also have to be outside the US which I believe is the case anyway atm. Dunno how much of a difference or not a switch to '.me' would be, I'm just now in the process of relearning web design.

Thing is, regardless of if the server or domain name is out of their reach, I'm not.

Please don't say shit you don't even comprehend. No offense but you're doing nothing more than talking out of your ass and making crap up. The only way you get a virus would be if you downloaded a bad torrent to begin with, which would also happen with any filehost. Also saying they're slow is also completely stupid. Unlike file-hosts that limit download speed for free users--- Torrent speeds are completely relevant to whatever the seeders are capable of uploading. If you have 5 people seeding at 200 kbps, then you'd be getting a 1 mbps download speed if you're the only one they all are seeding to for example.

The only palce I have ever DLL a virus from has been MU.

ok my thoughts on this is that we should upload to file sharing sites small anime that people dont watch that much and are around 12 episodes then also make torrents (torrents could be a great upgrade for kametsu with faster downloads/ and multiple downloads at once. not to mention it would bring the community closer together if done right) i think that koby can set an X amount of people in x amounts of groups and put them in charge of an X amount of anime to each group. the group in charge of the according anime will only upload the anime they are in charge of but can download anything they want making every member in kametsu into the file server.(this should work at least in theory. i know i can be hard but i think its possible.......but what do i know lol xP)as for me. i can only upload 120-150kbs but i leave my pc on 24/7. (we would also have to teach people to run disk checks on their pcs if we were to do this since hard drives can go out at any time)

xdcc servers / bots would be a cool way to get stuff around - but maintaining them/keeping them current can be a pain.

for the most parts - torrents are pretty useful, allowing people to queue up a whole series / whatever from someones collection - or allowing them to queue up individual ep's that they may have missed somewhere along the line.

i am thinking we could do both DDL and P2P, DDL is slower for free users and if you drop out 99% of the sites out there make you start all over again which can make a lot of wasted data.. P2P on the other is fully resumable at any time yes it can be slower then DDL as you are DL'ing from other ppl and not dedicated servers, but another thing is you can offer rewards for P2P'ing instead of DDL and DDL can be basically a back up when a series becomes to old or least watched to keep ppl seeding, as for the p2p to keep ppl doing it you can do a share ratio like similar to Demonoid.me does [ though they dont ban or stop ppl when the ratio is crap ] but you can make it you have to maintain a 20% minimum share ratio to use the DDL links with the latest releases for all anime series being released on p2p for a month before you make them available for DDL it will keep torrents going...

as for P2P aka Torrenting being worse then DDL direct downloading it aint for one if it is a fake or a virus many ppl can comment that before you even grab the p2p link and not only that anything torrented from this site would be uploaded from koby or staff so if you cant trust them to upload the right stuff you might as well leave.. also i been P2P'ing now for about 6 years and i have downloaded probably 5TB's easy in that time from many sites i actually prefer P2P over DDL yes it can be slower but it is more relieable then DDL, no drop outs, no restarts, no expired links, no slow downloads for free users and also p2p'ing makes it so much harder for the government types to find yes you IP shows up on the PEER list but so does many others and there is programs out there that can hide your real IP as well... if we started something like this up with the community that is on this site we would have one of the best torrent trackers around to with nearly 3k active members...

anyway just my 2 cents after a little thought went in to it this time still can be refined so much more...

I could help setting up a IRC bot, however, speed and size would become an issue. If someone can tell me how much space we'll need, the amount of people downloading. I could tell you how many bots we'll need and approximate price range. I'm thinking 2 TB on a 2Gbit connection on a dedicated server. This could satisfy at least 75-100 people.