Kametsu MIA Explained | Future of Kametsu

Koby

Has anyone heard about Toei suing Bit Torrent users over One Piece? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-07/toei-animation-sues-869-bittorrent-users-over-one-piece The part that caught my eye is the part about "The suit notes that users in a BitTorrent "swarm," is it something like this Kametsu is trying to do? If it decides to go the torrent route.

FUNimation tried the same thing last year with 1,337 users.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUNimation tried the same thing last year with 1,337 users.

Except this time Toei seems to be target specific, the article states Toei believes at least some of the downloaders live in the DC area. Toei also claims the downloaders are “simultaneously downloading parts of the file and distributing parts of it to others” therefore they are calibrating with each other. This seems to be taking care of at least two of the reasons why Funimations case was dismiss.

“simultaneously downloading parts of the file and distributing parts of it to others”

That is exactly how torrents work. Thing is, the only way they get this info is to join the swarm which means they must either have access on the private tracker or the torrent was on a public tracker. Either way they were also uploading/downloading to have been able gather the IP's of users in that specific torrents swarm.

That is exactly how torrents work. Thing is, the only way they get this info is to join the swarm which means they must either have access on the private tracker or the torrent was on a public tracker. Either way they were also uploading/downloading to have been able gather the IP's of users in that specific torrents swarm.

Possibly, and the court has already granted their request for Discovery so we'll see how this plays out. I wonder how they plan on going about accomplishing this part. “…..defendants in turn may lead to the identification of additional infringing parties”.

Also some have mentioned that torrents are slow. Private trackers are much faster since everyone is responsible to keep a ratio and there aren't fake packets. Plus, with an active community you can just go on the forum and ask someone to seed something that you want. This way a bunch of people might notice the renewed interest and also help as peers and eventually seeds.

I personally use alot of torrents for my downloading, but simply using a download manager and file sharing sites removes the chance of people dropping the torrent & it becoming dead.

So i think we should just try another file sharing site :]

Sorry if im a little late for this discussion..