Random Talk.

Talena Mae

I'm reminded of this Cracked article. Still, I'm pretty sure we have a debate thread about this and for the sake of not turning this thread into an awkwardly heated argument, SUDDEN TOPIC CHANGE!

We were out looking for patio furniture. Not much success in that department, although Java does not like my idea of having oversized boulders as patio furniture. Something about being on the third floor.

I think I agree with Java on that one EO.

Also, I still don't think they're "useless"... Bothersome? Troublesome? Evil? Detrimental? I don't have a stance on whether they're right or wrong, but I know they have a use :).

Gonnna finally see the last Batman movie today :D. Hopefully the theater will be nice and empty since it's been like what a month now since release...

We were out looking for patio furniture. Not much success in that department, although Java does not like my idea of having oversized boulders as patio furniture. Something about being on the third floor.

Try getting massive fake boulders that are covered in crushed rocks, then they can also be shiny and it can be seat sized. Plus less weight :P

Gonnna finally see the last Batman movie today :D. Hopefully the theater will be nice and empty since it's been like what a month now since release...

I went to see it on the opening weekend. It actually wasnt that busy due to that dude shooting up a theatre. I have only heard one story about an attempted copycat.

And on a lighter note, I love the new multiquote!!!!!!

We already had that feature on vB as well, right next to the quote button, haha.

No, I mean that it pops up a box that tells how many posts you are quoting and that you can clear the quotes at the click of a button. Its nicer than the old vB way.

Finally done with back to school shopping for my daughter. Not bad it cost me $ 850 this time and this is for two semesters.

What did you have to buy that cost so much? As I recall, my back to school shopping never costed that much unless you account textbooks for post secondary. Normally I could keep it in the $100-$200 range.

My books alone come out to something like $600. Then you have to add in plane fare, shuttle fare, restocking supplies for dorm room costs, initial food run costs, housing costs, and etc. Didn't even speak of tuition yet...

Batman was good. I'm not sure why people say it wasn't as good as the other 2. It seemed to be on the exact same level as the other 2 to me...

@ llama She needed a new laptop because her old one wouldn't turn on anymore. Then there was the usual pens, pencils, paper, white board etc. About $ 250 at Staples. And stuff I can't remember. Then there is all the clothes but her mother is flipping the bill for that. I forgot to mention she is 15 and going into grade 10.

Edited by VolvoKing

Lul, Internet elitism.

I think xkcd has the right idea with how people should approach situations like this.

Saying 'what kind of an idiot doesn't know about the Yellowstone supervolcano' is so much more boring than telling someone about the Yellowstone supervolcano for the first time.

F'realio. My roommate and I delve into weird parts of the Internet, so it's always fun for us to explain Internet dramas of the past like Jessi Slaughter and her father's terribly classy "ya done goofed" or Boxxy and that ridic passworded .rar of her pouring orange juice. The expressions on people's faces and their reactions as we show them the videos for the first time are usually pretty hilarious.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPCntBJBnAM&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

Speaking of Youtube videos... Anyone ever tried to upload one of those looping 10 hour things? Yeah it's really hard. A couple hours of rendering the video itself, a day of uploading on Youtube, and I guess another day for it to process. I'm at the processing part. Not sure when it will be done...