Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Finished To Aru Majutsu No Index the first 8 or 10 episodes were perfect in my opinion, but after that there wasn't too much going on in the main story really, it was still good but it felt like something was missing... 8/10.

Wow, I said the exact same things when I watched it.

Then they made that stupid sidestory called Railgun which ruined Misaka's character and was pretty much a 3-4 episode story stretched to fit into 24 episodes so 90% felt like filler mess.

Now Index 2 is airing finally.

Fullmetal Alchemist.

Still my favorite anime to this day. I have watched it through probably 4 times now lol. Brotherhood is obviously equaling it though. Perhaps it will surpass it. That ENTIRELY depends on the ending and the movie. The ending to the original, and the movie that followed, TOTALLY made the story great. I hope they do as good the second time around. LOOKS PROMISING SO FAR!!!

Hunter x Hunter

Great shonen series and I can see a lot of things from this show that others that have came after have used. Only goes to show this is a classic that did things right if others want to copy elements from it. Hunter x Hunter is another Anime series from the creator who brought us the great Yuyu Hakusho.

Being a shonen series, this series actually lacks very much combat. It feels like it was building up to a more combat based series towards the end of the series but unfortunately the series never got an ending. They released three OVA series later for a total of 30 additional episodes, but even then the story is incomplete and after all these years the manga is still being made. I do hope they one day complete the Anime.

Instead of focusing on fighting it's based more upon strategy of how a weaker character can get things done against a stronger player. Now it's not strategies like you see in series like Death Note and Code Geass, but more simple ones. Like for instance during the Hunter exam, Gon (the main character), didn't have to beat another character to produce but to find a way to snag their member pendant and you watch while he struggles to come up with a way to do so.

This series while being rather generic, is very good at what it does and clearly is one of the series set the path for future shonen series to follow. My only complaint is the lack of a finished story. Gon's objective was to find his father, a legendary hunter, by becoming a hunter himself and searching for him, but we never get to see him find him within the Anime. For the incompleteness, I can't give this series more than an 8/10.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2 = 9/10

just like the first season, the second series impressed me.. the plot is much more covered for a 25 episode series. i did not even catch an episode where there is a recap or the summary from the older episodes.

it's two thumbs up.

Trans Am system is too much, i can't even compare it to SEED and Zero System.. it's the most powerful system that i've seen in the gundam series that i've watched.

well this anime deserves that 9/10 score for me. it's fun, it let me addicted to watch the 2 season series in 4 days and the story was quite captivating.. especially on how they develop most of the characters in the story..