Favorite Anime Quotes

Katongo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few from berserk, not my favourite ones all round but the most recent I remember:

+ "In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will." (Narrator) (Berserk)

+ ”When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone.” -Guts

+ "I'd rather fight for my life than live it." - Guts

+ "We are all starring in a story with no ending in sight." - Narrator

+ "If you desire one thing for so long, it's a given that you'll miss other things along the way. That's how it is... that's life." - Godo

I am a big fan of Vash's quotes and here is some of my fav :

1.)Vash the Stampede: "I don't let anyone in my sight get away, and my bullets never miss their mark. Especially if it's the heart of a beautiful lady... BANG."

2.)Episode 2 Truth of Mistake: Those who make mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix the mistake; men can't return to the past. That's why they drink. Lushes, drunks, sliding alcohol down their throats to try to dilute the memories that can't be forgotten. Frank Marlon, the gunsmith, does nothing but drink, and questions the glass after it's empty. "Am I wrong? Was I wrong?"

3.)Hey, "Thou Shalt Not Kill", remember? What kind of church man are you?

4.)Episode 4 Love and Peace

Whenever something is gained, something is always lost. It's difficult to live after something like that. What is lost will never return. Important things, irreplaceable things, but what is needed to keep those things is in the firm will packed into one bullet. Man knows, he knows nothing will begin unless he speaks, and that nothing will change, unless he moves.

5.) Episode 9 Murder Machine

I think I'd like to do something nice for somebody. I think it's good if you smile at someone and they smile in return. Voluntary love encourages people to create a sense of friendliness. Love that is unconditional gives us respect as people. However, it’s wrong to force love, to try to keep it alive. If the strain goes on, eventually it'll bloom into the flower called Lie, the deceptively thorny flower that hurts people.

And lastly Vash famous quote... Love and Peace! v(^^)

• 4 weeks later...

Quotes i remember recently comes to mind.

“The only people who should kill are those prepared to die themselves.” -Lelouch

“That computer already belongs to us. There’s not much fun in reclaiming what’s already ours, find something else to bet on!”

“For some reason I was moved by Haruhi’s words, she can always find a way to turn any illegally obtained object into her legal possession. Does she intend to become a professional thief?” - - Suzumiya Haruhi series

"In the ninja world, those who break the rules are trash, that's true, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash."

Kakashi Hatake

This is one of my favorite quotes so far too, but I liked it better when Uchiha Obito said it.

"Those in the ninja world who break the rules and regulations are called trash... But... Those who don't care about their companions are worse than trash!" --Uchiha Obito

That was a powerful moment that changed the way Kakashi saw his comrades forever.

"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in Me, Believe in the Kamina who Believes in You!"

Kamina - Gurren Lagann

"I give you my word, If you ever start to doubt yourself, I'll come and belt you one. So don't worry I'm right by your side"

Kamina - Gurren Lagann

"Just Who In The Hell Do You Think I AM!!"

Kamina & Simon - Gurren Lagann

^ some of my favorites ^.^ heres some more Kamina - "You know why people have eyes in the front? Because they have to move forward to see the landscape in the distance. If you had eyes in back all you could see is your home town getting farther away; you can't move forward like that. If your eyes are in front what you see in the distance keeps getting closer. That's what lets people move forward."

Kamina - "Let's see you grit those teeth!..."

Kamina - "Having left his home land, he never yields, never retreats, and never regrets. He faces forward and never looks back! He's manly! He's tenacious!"

"If you touch what's in your hand I'll show you pain. The hue of your soul will cease to matter because you will not be judged when you die. You will no longer exist."- Kurama (I have this memorized actually)

"Hey, want to hear something good? (smile and lean in) Those who who use dirty tricks will die in dirty ways. I'm not lying. Want to see if it's true? Right here. Right now?" -Killua

"Don't tell me he wants to take over the world. Can't he think up something more original?" Lena Inverse - Slayers

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Lina: You mean you've been waging war over YOUR DAUGHTER'S ALLOWANCE?!?

Man: [nodnod]

Slayers is awesome for quotes lol

• 2 weeks later...

"Secondhand smoke kills, you know. It's far worse than the fumes you inhale directly. Take diethylene, one of those nasty carcinogens your doctor might have warned you about on your last visit. Firsthand smoke has between 5.3 and 43 nanograms of diethylene, where as, secondhand smoke has 680 and 823 nanograms.Then we've got quinoline, another effective one, secondhand smoke has 18,000 nanograms; 11 times more than the amount you're sucking down firsthand. You can make the choice to blacken your lungs, but don't expect to enforce that on me."-november 11-Darker than Black

Vash's lines are amazing, so are some from Cowboy Bebop.

The very best that owns all in my opinion is the line in Cowboy Bebop from Cowboy Andy - it goes like this to Faye "Why don't we drink to me, and my reflection in your lovely eyes" !

*Spoiler about Geass* However, even if it's totally not my style, I remember (the concept of) what Shirley said just before she dies "reveals that even knowing he killed her father and had memories erased of him twice, she kept falling in love with him over and over again" ( http://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=code%20geass%20shirley&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CE8QtwIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DkxiOvYY8igg&ei=wFHWTuPqLJT58QOlutChAg&usg=AFQjCNEvo7EDGKpoZLbkO_9PalQk2J0taA&sig2=2OuRrWOsk7yqr82ZVMb7eQ )