Latest Naruto Manga Discussion [Spoiler]

Kyo

• 2 weeks later...
I feel like the manga is getting dragged on for no reason like those tv series that keep showing useless episodes until they can figure out some sort of decent story............this manga chapter was almost a waste.

I totally agree with u here. One chapter of Kabuto's past was enough, there was no reason to make three. My guess is that maybe Kishi couldn't figure out a decent effect of the Isanami. So he made more and more useless chapters.

Its absolutely ridiculous, since there are 2 other major battles going on right now that he could be giving exposure to in order to buy time for figuring out what to do with itachi/izanami. Instead we get to draw out this fight for even more chapters.

• 1 month later...

So do we never get any further backstory on zetsu beyond "he was made from hashirama cells?" Like, I understand we've put up with a lot of backstory and are in the middle of a lot of action, but that is a story I am really anticipating.

Ok, here's the link to the last two naruto manga chapters.

Naruto manga chapter 592: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/592

OK, this chapter seemed to me to be the turning point in this whole war. Sasuke gets hold of this secret scroll and decides to revive Orochimaru!! Also he wants to meet some mysterious person who "knows everything" (any clue guys?). Also a few new plot holes here (sheesh, they are getting usual nowadays).

1. The image of the village in Sasuke's memory (1st page). All the five faces of hokages are there. But Sasuke only saw four of them, he never saw the fifth (tsunade's) statue in the mountain. Sasuke left the village before it was built and never visited Konoha after it's completion.

2. The image of all the Konoha guys in Sasuke's memory (2nd page). Guys (and girls) like Shikamaru, Kiba, Choji, Ino, etc are shown in their grown state. But Sasuke never saw them in the shippuden series, so he couldn't have imagined them in their grown form.

3. Ok, this last one, i am not pretty sure about it myself, but you guys can tell me if i am wrong. Sasuke got shocked hearing that Madara didnot disappear even after the edo tensei was cancelled. My question is, did Sasuke even know that the original Madara Uchiha was revived. I can't remember. When Juugo mentions this, shouldn't he have said "What do you mean Madara's edo tensei is still around? He helped me get Itachi's eyes, he was always around".

Now, here is the link to the Naruto manga chapter 593: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/593

So, Orochimaru is revived here......and HE TEAMS UP WITH SASUKE, HIS KILLER!! Now they are going to this place "which sasuke knows all to well" (my guess is the Uchiha clan colony). Ok, it seems like things are getting interesting, we will just have to wait and see what heppens now.

I have to include this. It's from a fanfic by a guy called "Lord of the Land of Fire".

http://www.fanfictio...r_Read_Out_Loud

A snake grew out of Anko's curse seal. It opened its mouth and out popped Orochimaru.

"Huh? You've been hiding inside a woman's body this entire time?" Suigetsu exclaimed.

"Ku, ku, ku well of course!" Orochimaru said gleefully. "Would anyone ever think to look for me there?"

"He's got a point." Juugo said.

"Yeah." Suigetsu admitted.

"Orochimaru," Sasuke said. "I need you to do something for me."

"Forget it; I only enjoy doing those sorts of things to minors."

"No not that," Sasuke said quickly as both Suigetsu and Juugo shuddered. "I need you to perform a certain jutsu so I can learn the truth."

"Again? How many revelations have you had? Four? Five? Didn't your brother come back to life and use his last bit of energy to show you the so called truth? After that you still need more?"

"I am just trying to be thorough about who it is I want to blame for everything that's wrong in my life." Sasuke said. "I mean first I wanted to kill my brother, then Naruto, then Naruto again, then you, then my brother again, then the village, then Madara, then Killer Bee, then the Kages, then Danzo, then Karen, then Sakura… but everybody wants to kill Sakura, then Naruto yet again. Now I'm back to taking revenge on the village again even though that means slaughtering thousands of innocents; which is what screwed me up to begin with. But of course those were Uchihas so killing all the innocent people in Konoha who never did me any wrong at all is okay."

Orochimaru stood there and stared at him for a long moment. "Sasuke, after all the revelations and betrayals and double dealings do you even still want vengeance? I mean by this point you must have lost track of who did what to you. Or is all this just some pretext to avoid facing up to those homo erotic feelings you've always had for Naruto?"

"Wha… what? That kiss was an accident!"

"What about the time you cried out his name instead of mine?"

Sasuke blushed and Suigetsu and Juugo shuddered some more.

"Anyway forget it. I'm not helping you anymore. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go look for some eight year olds." Orochimaru vanished in a swirl of wind and leaves.

"Fine," Sasuke sighed. "I'll just blame everyone, that always works."

Suddenly the dust in the cavern began to swirl and Itachi was once again standing there.

"Itachi! Big brother! You've come to tell me the truth!"

Itachi shook his head. "No, I just did that remember? But you're so fixated and emotionally stunted you actually resurrected the person I originally died to free you from because you'd rather depend on him for guidance than the brother who died trying to save you… twice."

"Then why'd you come back again?"

"For this." Itachi took out his sword and chopped Sasuke's head off.

"You killed him?" Suigetsu and Juugo both shouted.

"Why'd you do that?" Suigetsu demanded.

Itachi's body began dissolving back into dust. "I did it as a mercy."

"For Sasuke?"

"No, the fans."

Sasuke got shocked hearing that Madara didnot disappear even after the edo tensei was cancelled. My question is, did Sasuke even know that the original Madara Uchiha was revived.

I don't think he was told either that Madara had been revived. Anyway, that look of shock can be explained by him processing the fact that, upon hearing Madara is an Edo Tensei, then that means that someone else must have summoned him, someone stronger than him.

My guess is that Sasuke is gonna try and find either Tobi or Madara, given the placement of those two characters at the end of 592. However, that last page is just wrong, since...Sasuke hasn't seen the resurrected Madara. In Sasuke's mind, there's a masked guy running around who has identified himself to Sasuke as Madara. When Suigetsu says "Madara is an Edo Tensei", then Sasuke should logically think that this guy he met is the Edo Tensei, not the guy fighting the Five Kage.

Edited by RikuoAmero
  • Like 2

Here's the link to the Naruto Manga chapter 594: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/594

The first few pages are only colored images, the story starts from page 7.

Ok, a lot of unexpected development in this chapter, First of all the Ten Tails has been revived , even though the eight and nine tails has not been captured. It seems you only need a part of tailed beast chakra and not the complete beast. Also for the first time ever the Kurama (i will be calling the nine tails by it's name from now on) talks to shinobis through Naruto. Also, another thing which you guys might find intersting, here's the page 13 of today's chapter.

naruto-3461691.jpg

You can see Tobi telling Guy that even though he was to reveal his identity, Guy still wouldn't be able to recognize him as he is not very good in remembering people's faces. Does this mean that Guy (and probably the others) knows who Tobi is, only that they don't realize it?!

Seems kishi plans to pull a Obito on this one. And if he did,I would surely laugh at all those who argue about Obito not being Tobi to a point where the got ban because that argument. lol

Nah, I'd just shake my head and sigh, because it would be a sign of Kishimoto's utter stupidity. Story-wise, there is nothing to say Tobi is Obito. If it is Obito in the next issue, then it means Kishi put it in simply for the sake of doing a plot twist, not because it fits in with the rest of the story.

Besides, Tobi did say "You never remember faces" to Guy (who has been shown as not remembering who Kisame was). Guy has never been shown to have known or even met Obito.

Seems kishi plans to pull a Obito on this one. And if he did,I would surely laugh at all those who argue about Obito not being Tobi to a point where the got ban because that argument. lol

If Kishimoto did decide to pull that out of his ass, I'd drop the series, period. Because that'd be completely freaking stupid and would be one giant plothole that creates even more plotholes.

Why choose some random worthless kid with only half a body who had just obtained Sharingan and only has one eye, versus the many Uchiha that existed (because that would have been before the Uchiha massacre). That's also if it's just that Obito's body was used.

If it actually turns out to be Obito himself, fuck dat shit. No way in hell would Obito do anything like that from what we've seen. He believed, even more so than Kakashi, that abandoning your friends made you scum. He would never go against the village he loved, and had he somehow survived (which he didn't as they showed him to actually die), he would have simply went back to the village.

If Kishimoto did decide to pull that out of his ass, I'd drop the series, period. Because that'd be completely freaking stupid and would be one giant plothole that creates even more plotholes.

Why choose some random worthless kid with only half a body who had just obtained Sharingan and only has one eye, versus the many Uchiha that existed (because that would have been before the Uchiha massacre). That's also if it's just that Obito's body was used.

If it actually turns out to be Obito himself, fuck dat shit. No way in hell would Obito do anything like that from what we've seen. He believed, even more so than Kakashi, that abandoning your friends made you scum. He would never go against the village he loved, and had he somehow survived (which he didn't as they showed him to actually die), he would have simply went back to the village.

Simply because I can, I'm gonna list out every single reason from memory why Tobi can't be Obito.

1) Obito was too young at the time of his death. He was all of 12/13, and Tobi's summoning of the Kyuubi happened at most a year later. Yet, Tobi then is shown as a full grown man. You can say "Oh, Tobi was under a Genjutsu", but surely the Fourth Hokage would have detected it/noticed it. Also, why a Genjutsu? What benefit would it have brought Tobi? If Tobi did possess Obito's body at that time, surely he would have shown it to Minato, so as to make Minato pause and make him vulnerable to attack.

2) He is a completely unimportant ninja, as Koby said. He showed no talent at all, thereby making him unattractive as a potential host for a body-snatcher.

3) His body was crushed underneath a fuckton of rocks. To get at that body would have required a ton of work and effort for very little gain. If his body is being possessed, why would Tobi (or Tobi's spirit/soul) go to that much trouble to get the body of an unremarkable teen boy? Why not possess a fully grown, fully trained Uchiha Jonin?

4) Personality wise, he is absolutely nothing like Obito. Obito has no motive whatsoever to destroy the Leaf village

5) Power and skill wise, he is not Obito. If he was Obito, as in Obito's soul in Obito's body, then how the fuck could he have gotten such a huge power/skill boost in as little as a year, to be able to fight on par with the Fourth Hokage?

All the evidence shown so far in the manga says that Tobi's body is artificial (the white hand). That's all the evidence says. It does not say he is Obito.

Therefore, if Kishimoto does say next week "Yes, it is Obito" then he is clearly spitting in the face of his own work, putting in a plot twist that simply cannot work at all. Imagine if the plot twist with Snape at the end of Harry Potter was that he was actually Harry's father...this would fly completely in the face of all the evidence such as Harry's resemblance to James Potter. No, when writing a story, you have to make it make sense.

Last bit to say:

For Kishimoto to try and make this chapter's little mini-spoiler work next week will be disaster, even if it turns out not to be Obito. Because, let's follow the logic. Tobi here is hinting that he is someone that both Gai and Kakashi know, or knew in their childhoods.

We, the readers, don't know of anyone like that. Kakashi Gaiden showed us that Kakashi knew Obito, Rin and the Fourth Hokage. Then we had Kushina's flashback to the Kyuubi attack and we saw that Kakashi and Guy knew a bunch of other people, none of whom fit Tobi in any way shape or form.

Therefore, since Kishi can't use Obito, his only other option is to introduce a new character. Except that won't work either. Part of the rage over the Mass Effect 3 endings was the introduction of the Star Child in the last five minutes of the game. This would be the Naruto equivalent of the Star Child: the reveal of the main villain as actually being...someone whom the audience has never seen before.

Edited by RikuoAmero

To tell you all the truth I gave up on figuring out who Tobi is. And after people read this chapter they will start their heated debate once again. ( I could only imagine what's going on One manga forums since l log off there a few minutes ago -_- ).

Anyway. Tobi started to get serious for once,and the only thing has me confused is. I wonder if Gedou Mazou is the actual body of the Juubi which the sage sealed away.

To tell you all the truth I gave up on figuring out who Tobi is. And after people read this chapter they will start their heated debate once again. ( I could only imagine what's going on One manga forums since l log off there a few minutes ago -_- ).

Anyway. Tobi started to get serious for once,and the only thing has me confused is. I wonder if Gedou Mazou is the actual body of the Juubi which the sage sealed away.

Imagine if it was. I mean, its not like that wouldn't also be a plothole...hang on *rereads the chapter where Tobi said that the Sage of the Six Paths sealed the Ten Tails body into a hunk of rock and shot it into the sky, thus creating the moon*

Imagine if it was. I mean, its not like that wouldn't also be a plothole...hang on *rereads the chapter where Tobi said that the Sage of the Six Paths sealed the Ten Tails body into a hunk of rock and shot it into the sky, thus creating the moon*

Those parts confuse me. It sound like the earth had no moon before -_- And then after he sealed some beast into a piece of rock and shot it in the sky. Earth finally have a moon.?

Is it the same for you from that perspective.???

Edited by Gedo Mazo

Those parts confuse me. It sound like the earth had no moon before -_- And then after he sealed some beast into a piece of rock and shot it in the sky. Earth finally have a moon.?

Is it the same for you from that perspective.???

That's basically it in the Naruto world. First there was the Ten Tailed Demon, running around doing evil things. Then, the Sage of the Six Paths walked up to it and said "OI! Cut that out!" The Demon gave him the finger, pissing off the Sage. The Sage then said "Right, mate, you're getting a time out!" So he did his thing and divided the Demon's chakra from its body. The chakra he divided into the nine separate tailed demons and the body he sealed in a giant rock and shot into the sky, becoming the moon.

wow nice.whwere you guys got this?

We got this from an anime/manga called N-A-R-U-T-O (there i just even spelled it for you). If you had even spent the briefest amount of time to read the name of this thread then you would have known from where we got it.

Now, commenting on the posts above, i also agree with you guys that Tobi can never be Obito and if Kishi was to do something like that then it would be just like kicking in the face of every Naruto fan out there. From this point of view i can only say that this has to be some new guy (not even my "remnant Madara" theory works now after that dialogue). Ksihi really has made a fiasco out of this and as much as i hate to say it, introducing a new character is the best (and probably the only) option Kishi has left.

And about the revival of ten tails, maybe it's like the formation of Omega Shenron from DBGT. You know, all one has to do is put tailed beast chakra from each and every beast in a container (in this case the Mazou) and the ten tails will be revived. I mean a tailed beast is basically highly concentrated chakra. That would explain why the moon didn't blow up during the revival.

Edited by Leviathan