Code Geass Anime & Manga Discussion [Spoilers]

shinji

First off, I am grateful to find out there is going to be more anime set in the CG world, regardless of the characters involved, I found it to be a rich and engrossing world in it's own right. My wife is also quite pleased to hear about this since she considers CG to be her all time favourite anime to date. So thank you very much for this information.

Secondly, I read the theory that Lulu is alive because he absorbed Charles' code. As I understand it from watching the anime (and I am using only the anime material for this argument), once the code for immortality and creating new Geass users transfer happens the person loses their original Geass ability in the process. That at least was the impression it left me with, and if my impression is correct then Lulu could not have received Charles' code then because he was still able to use his Geass to take over the Kingdom/Empire with it after he removed his father from the equation. Therefore while he may be alive for other reasons (for example CC gave up her code right before Suzaku took over the Zero role when the Zero Requiem was enacted, I am unsure as to whether the act of surrendering the code is enough to trigger the death of the prior holder or whether it merely allows them to die in which case Lulu could have it yet still allow CC to still be with us for that final scene). I do hope he is still alive, I am simply unsure as to whether it is possible as suggested using Charles' immortality code as the basis is all. Anyway, that is my take on this point, hope nobody minds this from a newcomer to this forum.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secondly, I read the theory that Lulu is alive because he absorbed Charles' code. As I understand it from watching the anime (and I am using only the anime material for this argument), once the code for immortality and creating new Geass users transfer happens the person loses their original Geass ability in the process.

From the impression I got it seems that you only lose your Geass if you kill the one who gave it to you, it's part of the contract, Charles had already done this and lost his Geass and Lelouch simply took it from him then since at that time his Geass had reached it's final form, he would've been able to kill someone with the Code, if he had killed C.C then he would've lost his Geass and though I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it but Charles did grab him with the hand which his code was printed on. Other than this, there's just too much evidence that suggests that he's alive.

idl12:

I'm inclined to agree with you that Lulu is alive, and your interpretation of the situation is equally possible as mine given the ambiguity in the anime on exactly what happens when one gets the immortality code versus whether killing the one you receive the code from is concerned. It will be interesting to see which interpretation is shown to be correct down the road (if that happens of course). Thanks for your response though.

i dont get that post.

the emperor became immortal when he took V.V.'s code, which he was able to by attaining the full geass.

lelouch took his father's code when he touched him before dying. since he didn't take C.C.'s code, he didn't have to lose his geass.

hence, he obtained a code AND a geass. therefore, the name "code geass"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Lelouche didn't die. He made himself seem very evil so everyone would focus their hatred on him and then he faked his death so all the hatred in the world would end. He had obtained his father's code when his father touched him before disappearing, therefore Lelouche was immortal. As was seen at the end of the series he was with C.C.

It's also been stated to be true in a recent special picture drama that was released which also gave details of a new Code Geass being Animated.. and also said something about "someone who looks like Lelouche appears.. which is probably Lelouche himself.

xD There is my take.

well this is great news.. and i just finished my re-run of code geass r2. i just hope that this next code geass project will be much more awesome than the 2 previous series.

i would want to believe it that way, but it's hard to conclude right now if he is alive or not.

Lelouch could be the one CC is talking to with that carriage over the last clips of the episode, meaning that it's possible that he took over with his Father immortality code.

it's even possible that he faked his death since that he is really good in thinking those kinds of things.

still i have some questions in this case:

the scene where CC cries inside the room while in the time where Lelouch prepares himself to die.

in that state, CC has already the human emotions to care for lelouch (kallen given this compliment while fighting with CC back in the assault of damocles). if she knows that lelouch had acquired the code of his father charles, then why would she even shed tears for that account. the fact that she is crying there means that Lelouch really did accepted to die for the cause of the world.

another one is that the burst of emotions suzaku had when he struck the sword into lelouch heart in the final episode.

both of them agreed with the promise of zero requiem. suzaku also accepted that fact that he will be burdened with the role of being the hero of justice inside that mask forever. still, the fact that he will make a fake play of lelouch's death will be some contradiction of his thinking of avenging euphemia's death.

In the episode of "ragnarok connection" suzaku can instantly kill lelouch by his own hands for the reason of euphemia's death. but why he did not do it? it's because lelouch offer him the plan that will clean euphemia's image and to also to put an end to his life, which means is also suzaku's biggest resolve on why he wants lelouch to be dead.

it would really mean that Lelouch is really ready to die in the process to change the world and it would be unimaginable for Suzaku's part since that he really hates the fact Lelouch killed Euphemia.

making a fake death would really coincide with suzaku's resolve.