Code Geass Anime & Manga Discussion [Spoilers]

shinji

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Code Geass is my favorite anime so if it's true then that'd be so awesome but it couldn't be lelouch cause he died :(

Apparently. If you go back and watch RE; (R2 - Episode 25), at the end C-2 is on a wagon thing with some farmer...That farmer is supposedly Lelouch, plus, why did she say "Right, Lelouch?".

Apparently. If you go back and watch RE; (R2 - Episode 25), at the end C-2 is on a wagon thing with some farmer...That farmer is supposedly Lelouch, plus, why did she say "Right, Lelouch?".

I figured she was just talking as one would to someone who's passed away. I never paid much attention to the farmer, but it's been awhile since I watched Episode 25 - R2. I've just started to re-watch Code Geass (it'd be hard to top Lelouch anyway).

• 2 weeks later...
Is it true That they are coming out with a third seasons? Hope so

They are coming out with another Code Geass anime but I wouldn't call it season 3 really since it's suppose to have different characters and the story focuses on the Elevens. It's set in A.T.B. 2017.. which the original was set in 2010 if I remember correctly so it's 7 years into the future unless it's different time tables as the past series never specified whether it was A.D (what we have in real life) or A.T.B. which I assume is something from Code Geass (maybe 'after the battle', but if that's the case it's WAY way into the future.. so meh I don't think so).

• 1 month later...

Ok,I was like DEATH NOTE-the greatest thing,but...CODE GEASS-it had those cuties CC and Kallen and Shirley and Euphimia and others,and it had Suzaku and LELOUCH,which was way too smart!I mean,playing shah in 9 min,come on... -.- I was wondering if he really died back then...And I've finally made up my mind!HE DIDN'T!!!That GEASS thing kept him alive!The only girl I accept for Lelouch is CC.If not her,then Kallen,Shirley and the others can go to hell!I even find him hotter than Ikuto,Usui,Tamaki,Light (though I've never considered Light that hot o.O ) etc...I mean,can you blame me for seeing Lelouch so damn hot?I AM a GIRL,after all... :PPP ^^"

• 2 weeks later...

Next Season of Code Geass Aimed for 2012

Masayuki Ozaki, the General Manager of Overseas Development at the anime studio Sunrise, confirmed that the studio is “looking forward to releasing” the new Code Geass anime project next year, although its production is behind schedule. During Sunrise’s industry panel at Otakon on Sunday, Ozaki referred to the new project as the “next season of Code Geass” and noted that its director is Kazuki Akane (The Vision of Escaflowne, Noein – to your other self).

Ozaki described the project as taking place “in the same world as Lelouch [the protagonist of the earlier Code Geass anime] except with different characters (…) the stage is set in Europe, so we’ll see a lot of European countries.”

The Code Geass Gaiden Bōkoku no Akito project was announced in April of last year. The side story is set in the European warfront, where a Knightmare unit made of boys and girls from Zone Eleven is sent into a military operation with a 5% chance of survival. They must rescue an allied unit left behind on the European warfront. Apart from Akane, the credits include Shigeru Morita (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Blood+), with Takahiro Kimura once again adapting CLAMP’s original character designs for animation (as he did for the previous Code Geass anime). Akira Yasuda returns to design the mechanical Knightmare units.

Source: http://kametsu.com/2011-08-02/next-season-of-code-geass-aimed-for-2012/

• 3 weeks later...

Since there were some mentions both ways about Lelouch being alive or dead at the end of the second season I will put in my two cents plus my reasoning. Before I start, there is no proof either way, they left it as an open ending on purpose to make you think about it, this also means that they can come up with their own answer at a later time if they so wish.

Personally I believe that Lelouch is alive:

1. Back in C2's world when Lelouch met his father and realized that he was now an immortal from having taken V2's code V2 was still alive in the real world. He may have been in pain and dying of his wounds but alive none the less. This means that the transfer of the code to a recipient of geass makes the former owner of the code mortal but doesn't cause instant death.

2. C2 wanted for her "contract" to be completed but although it was never put into words it was blatantly obvious that she wanted someone to truly love her, this person was Lelouch and he realized it and stopped his father from taking her code, so he intended to go through with completing her contract at some point.

3. Lelouch was brilliant. Maybe egotistical at times in the series and a bit odd, but definitely not an idiot. He knew my former two points before he came up with his "Zero Requiem" much less before he went through with it. Why would he have not thought about taking over C2's code before that parade and then letting himself be "killed" so that peace could reign, and then go live out the quiet life.

4. Now the two ways that they hinted at the fact that he could be alive without making it proven so that way they could mess with us a little. When he was just stabbed and he is talking with Suzaku he says a few lines and then Suzaku replies, "this geass I do accept" or something like that. Only someone with a code not someone with geass can give others the power of geass. It can be seen as a hint that Lelouch has a code now.

5. The other one is as often mentioned when C2 is in the back of the wagon and looks up, which is also towards the front of the cart with the driver she says, "right Lelouch". Now it is possible that she is talking to the wind/spirits, but since she spent the entire series looking for someone to truly love her and she put all this time into making that person Lelouch why would she be so happy if she was back at square one. Although she helped from time to time she never showed true interest in his plans of world peace, she was also interested in keeping him alive and progressing his powers to the point where he could take her code, so her happiness now has one meaning to me.

I know that is fairly long but I wanted to make my logic clear.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...