Member Groups...

Koby

Okay Simple Machine Forums is a bit weird... Anyhow I setup the Post count Member Groups; Otherwise known as Rank Titles on Invision Power Board.

Here are the ones in order that you will advance through.

Name Stars Required posts

Newbie * 0

Jr. Crusader ** 20

Amateur Crusader *** 60

Average Crusader **** 150

Advanced Crusader ***** 280

Expert Crusader ****** 440

Pro Crusader ******* 560

Chaotic Crusader ******** 830

Xtreme Crusader ********* 1060

Phreak Crusader ********** 1200

Millenia Crusader *********** 1600

Eternal Frenzy ************ 3000

The stars are the amount of pips in that rank.. The Star Pips look ugly IMO.. xD

I'm going to have to make our own skin though cause most of the SMF skins look bad.

Thats just how I always did it. Because as you advance, it's meant to start taking longer to advance to the next one. Same with experience points in RPG's. The higher level, the longer or more experience (in this case posts) it takes to advance (level up).

• 2 weeks later...

When/if you make your own pips, I'd love to see something symmetrical, simple, and unobtrusive. Little chocobos, while having the potential to be adorable, just seems too busy for something like that. The little side panel, while a nice little collection of information, I use mostly to see people's avatars--I tend to associate people by their avatars and signatures. Pips that are too busy or too complicated in design will distract me. :P

I take it there can only be twelve pips living on the side panel, because for sure some people are going to break three thousand. ;)

Lol, I still remember when there were only about 10 people who had over about 1,000 or 2,000 posts. It was funny somehow. WE PWNED ALL OF TEH PPL WHO HAD LESS DEN USH!!11

I'll try to beat my last postcount, which I think was about 4,000 in a year. I doubt it, though, since high school has been riding my @$$ for a while.

• 4 weeks later...