Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (Kingdom Hearts 1, Re:Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days) Discussion

Riku

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It would be cool to see them release a collectors edition of K1 and K2 for the PS3 when K3 comes out maybe include ports of the portable games to. Would make my plans of replaying all the games before playing K3 easier and I would LOVE to see the old Kingdom Hearts games in full HD.

Doesn't the PS3 have a backward compatibility that let's it play PS2 games?

Only some are. Most PS3's don't have backwards compatibility as it was removed to be able to make the console cheaper for a time. Even if it was, you still have to buy an accessory to use your PS2 memory cards. It wouldn't be hard for them to treat this like God of War 1 & 2 and just remaster the game in HD and make a port to PS3 and combine the games into one package.

I dunno about that. RPG games for the PS3 always end up with the game being more "linear". I wouldn't like it if they made it so that you could only visit worlds in a particular order. And the PS2 animation really wasn't all that bad to me but meh, my taste in quality has been known to be dry.

Still, if they could "add" certain things to it, like more boss characters, the "Arena" mode from Birth By Sleep and some new footage like in the Final Mixes, it might be worth it.

I dunno about that. RPG games for the PS3 always end up with the game being more "linear". I wouldn't like it if they made it so that you could only visit worlds in a particular order. And the PS2 animation really wasn't all that bad to me but meh, my taste in quality has been known to be dry.

Still, if they could "add" certain things to it, like more boss characters, the "Arena" mode from Birth By Sleep and some new footage like in the Final Mixes, it might be worth it.

What I meant is they don't actually change anything about the game. It's only remastered and ported like GoW was. They didn't actually touch anything about the actual game. =P

As much as I would love this, SqEnix is in development hell. The kingdom hearts team has been working on Versus 13 since KH2, and even that was put on hold when they needed help finishing FF13... Although, it is more likely we will see this in some form before KH3, unfortunately...

• Koby changed the title to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (Kingdom Hearts 1, Re:Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days) Discussion