[SPOILERS!] Lelouch Lamperouge vs Light Yagami

RazorDan

Do you like lelouch or light more?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like lelouch or light more?

• Lelouch! Geass!
    • Light! Death note!
    • can't choose both great!
    • both suck

The two may have similarities in brilliance but they're actually VERY different characters.

2) Light had the will and cunning to go to any length to accomplish his goal, even if that included killing his own family. Lelouch on the other hand, while had no problem killing strangers would hesitate when going after some of his close friends and would change the plan entirely if his sister came into the picture.

Thus, for will and ability to see their job to the end, i'd give this one to Light.

wth, Light would not have killed his own family where did you come by this idea?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wth, Light would not have killed his own family where did you come by this idea?

have you even SEEN the anime? he purposely makes sure that his FATHER makes the deal for the eyes to kill Mellow and even contemplates writing his sister's name in the Death Note when she gets kidnapped in order to avoid having to trade the Death Note for her.

The only reason he doesn't kill her is because of cold deductive reasoning, which is one of the reasons i've stated him as more intelligent. he doesn't let emotions cloud his judgement.

I liked Lelouch better then light basically because Lelouch chose how he died >.<

You mean how he chose to fake his death rather than get caught and killed pathetically like Light.

I can't believe how many people seem to think Lelouche actually died, when it was even stated in an official interview that he lives. Did we really watch the same series? It was obvious his plan all along was to bring all hate unto himself and then vanquish it by his death. However he didn't need to actually die to accomplish this, only needed people to believe he had died. Why do you think Orange was okay with what happened? If you re-watch the series it is clear that Lelouche obtained Charles code and became immortal.

I think in a battle Light would likely win since he simply needs to write Lelouch's name in his deathnote. Though, if he doesn't know his true name is Lelouch Vi Brittania then obviously it wouldn't work. But, Light could use one of his three followers to make the pact for Shinigami eyes to discover his identity. Though against another genius, I doubt it would be as easy as that (L, anyone?). One thing about Lelouch was his horrible habit of always attending his school, even with all of the ridiculous things that were going on in the world. It's for that reason that I think Light would win. Also the fact that Light would not reveal his ability or identity until it's too late for Lelouch.

I certainly think Lelouch is a better person however. I would choose him as my favorite. Everything he did, he did for good, and not for himself. He didn't want to become some god of the new world. What they wanted was similar, but Light got lost and corrupted along the way. Alas is the nature of the deathnote. Anyone who uses it is sure to have a horrible death. That was said at the beginning.

They were both quite brilliant, but I think Lelouch comes out on top in the end. Although, Light's sadistic conceited personality has its own certain charm with me. I think they both have their own benefits. But, Light was too selfish. The way he treated Misa really made me not like him as a person. It was horrible how he used people. Though it's true Lelouch used people as well... his were not selfish reasons.

I choose Lelouch.

I think in a battle Light would likely win since he simply needs to write Lelouch's name in his deathnote. Though, if he doesn't know his true name is Lelouch Vi Brittania then obviously it wouldn't work. But, Light could use one of his three followers to make the pact for Shinigami eyes to discover his identity. Though against another genius, I doubt it would be as easy as that (L, anyone?). One thing about Lelouch was his horrible habit of always attending his school, even with all of the ridiculous things that were going on in the world. It's for that reason that I think Light would win. Also the fact that Light would not reveal his ability or identity until it's too late for Lelouch.

I certainly think Lelouch is a better person however. I would choose him as my favorite. Everything he did, he did for good, and not for himself. He didn't want to become some god of the new world. What they wanted was similar, but Light got lost and corrupted along the way. Alas is the nature of the deathnote. Anyone who uses it is sure to have a horrible death. That was said at the beginning.

They were both quite brilliant, but I think Lelouch comes out on top in the end. Although, Light's sadistic conceited personality has its own certain charm with me. I think they both have their own benefits. But, Light was too selfish. The way he treated Misa really made me not like him as a person. It was horrible how he used people. Though it's true Lelouch used people as well... his were not selfish reasons.

I choose Lelouch.

Wow, couldn't of put it better myself. Exactly what I think too

I personally prefer lelouch. I mean for starters he has the best name in the world- or at least fake name. I mean say lelouch lamperouge out loud (although i sometimes say the rouge bit to sound like roush since it sounds even better). The only person who's name is better is suzaku's i mean kururugi is THE best sounding surname ever. I also prefer lelouch physically since i love Clamp's drawing style. #I also think eleouch is better personality wise, He has fun gambling and helps the elevens when they are being treated unfairly, where as light is just focused on his goal (although is goal is good for everyone in the end)

Another reason Lelouch is better is because his death is quite original and not cliche like Lights is. For those who have watched both they will know what i mean. for those who have not i wont tell you the ending.

However i think that Light has a better reason to use his power. I mean making the world a better place for your sister is cute at first but a little selfish, and the equality between the two people is good. However killing criminals is probably the better of the two. Although in real life there would be this whole human rights fight.

• 3 months later...
The two may have similarities in brilliance but they're actually VERY different characters.

1) Light originally used the Death Note to make the world a better place by getting rid of all the criminals, but somewhere along the line, this motive changed to that of becoming a God.

Lelouch originally set out on his mission to make the world a better place for his sister.

Thus, Lelouch acted for the sake of a loved one while Light acted out of pure abstractions. For motivation, i'd give this one to Lelouch.

2) Light had the will and cunning to go to any length to accomplish his goal, even if that included killing his own family. Lelouch on the other hand, while had no problem killing strangers would hesitate when going after some of his close friends and would change the plan entirely if his sister came into the picture.

Thus, for will and ability to see their job to the end, i'd give this one to Light.

3) The strokes of genius that Light displays during the show are incredible. Using various deceptive techniques that vary over a long period of time to make even L doubt that his deduction might have been wrong. Lelouch, being a master chess player leads his armies in a reasonable way, thus gaining victories over Knightmares simply with foot soldiers at times.

Both are extremely intelligent. So, this one would be a tie.

4) Lelouch accomplished his goal by modifying his plans and making himself out to be a villain, thus giving chance for Zero to emerge as a hero. Light ended up killing many criminals before dying but he definitely didn't fulfill his goal of becoming God.

This one goes to Lelouch for realizing his goal.

So, while i like the character of Light better, the one who was actually a hero was Lelouch, seeing as he did everything he set out to and is even POSSIBLY alive.

What u said! ^^

Though,I must say I really liked that Lelouch's characteristic u mentioned in the 2nd part.'Cause everything he's done was actually for Nunally,and it would absolutely be a nonsense if he killed her.But,truth,in the very end he realizes that he's fighting not only for his little sister,but for the entire world,but he's also fighting for the ones dear to him,to give them a better world.At the very end,as he said,HE CREATED A WORLD!

i liked both of them in the beginning but then light turned into this cynical guy who wanted to BE God, not just play. his rule was absolute and if you disagreed with his rule then it would have been over for you.

lelouch wanted to bring a divided nation together and end the tyranny that spread over it.

the point i turned to dislike light is when he killed the detective/spy guy's wife and he is just uses everybody. light would put anybody in danger to accomplish his goals. Also the first saddest part in the geass series was when he accidently to the princess to start killing all the elevens.

I didnt hate lelouch as a person. just disliked that particular situation.

• 6 months later...

This one's a humdinger. Saying both is too wishy washy, and there are a lot of different ways to compare the two. I decided to let personal opinion decide and went with light as he is truly a despicable bastard and no better than the "criminals" he killed based solely on what was printed about them. He was a genius and an excellent tactician, but completely lacking in the area of ethics and morality which made him a much darker character than lelouche. Deep down underneath it all lelouch was a good person, a bit misunderstood, but he meant well and had a conscience. Light is completely amoral, a total sociopath, and a megalomaniac, lelouch only maintained the appearances of these things, he wore several masks and I doubt even he was sure which one was his own face.

As far as series go, they both go downhill at some point, I didn't like the changes in direction and style implemented in the second season of code geass, and death note went downhill after L's death, there shouldn't have been a victor between light and L till the end of the series in my opinion, and I hated L's replacements.

In the end, its all about which you prefer and how you measure, since its between 2 dark characters I go with the darker.