[SPOILERS!] Lelouch Lamperouge vs Light Yagami

RazorDan

Do you like lelouch or light more?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like lelouch or light more?

• Lelouch! Geass!
    • Light! Death note!
    • can't choose both great!
    • both suck

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, this could prove to be a very interesting discussion.

Lelouch has the power of Geass - which he can control the minds of those who make direct eye contact with him; now flip that around for Light - Light has Shinigami Eyes (Or can get someone to do his bidding for him with their Shinigami Eyes). Both Geass and Shinigami Eyes require the users' eyes - now where would that put us? Lol I'm curious now how the clashing of the two ideas would work.

(Overall I'd vote for Lelouch because I didn't really like Light, I was always a L/Near Fan).

Yes, they are quite similar, and I don't really like either one (totally liked their series, just not them), but I do like Lelouche a little more. If nothing else I suppose he's prettier (lol) since he was designed by CLAMP. All Light has going for him is great hair and a really annoying laugh.

But seriously though, I just liked Lelouche more. He actually has funny moments (like when he fails at anything physically demanding) whereas Light has a much more serious role for the entire series (hardly any comedy in death note). Because of this and perhaps other reasons, I enjoyed Lelouche a little more.

But I'm really not a huge fan of either of them...

As far as sheer intelligence it isn't even a close match at all. Lelouche is damn ignorant compared to Light. Lelouche failed where Light didn't, however in the end of their own series Lelouche lives and accomplishes his goal he set out to do from the beginning, while on the other hand Light dies and his goal was never realized. So if you go by what they accomplished.. Lelouche wins hands down. So it's a toss up as to which way to vote.. who accomplished their goals, who lived, or who was the most intelligent?

I can't decide which to vote based on.. so I'll do a count...

Accomplished Goals = Lelouche

Lived? = Lelouche

Intelligence = Light

Seems Lelouche wins 2 out of 3.. so he'll get my vote in the poll.

As far as which I prefer.. Light definitely.. although he was rather twisted.

The two may have similarities in brilliance but they're actually VERY different characters.

1) Light originally used the Death Note to make the world a better place by getting rid of all the criminals, but somewhere along the line, this motive changed to that of becoming a God.

Lelouch originally set out on his mission to make the world a better place for his sister.

Thus, Lelouch acted for the sake of a loved one while Light acted out of pure abstractions. For motivation, i'd give this one to Lelouch.

2) Light had the will and cunning to go to any length to accomplish his goal, even if that included killing his own family. Lelouch on the other hand, while had no problem killing strangers would hesitate when going after some of his close friends and would change the plan entirely if his sister came into the picture.

Thus, for will and ability to see their job to the end, i'd give this one to Light.

3) The strokes of genius that Light displays during the show are incredible. Using various deceptive techniques that vary over a long period of time to make even L doubt that his deduction might have been wrong. Lelouch, being a master chess player leads his armies in a reasonable way, thus gaining victories over Knightmares simply with foot soldiers at times.

Both are extremely intelligent. So, this one would be a tie.

4) Lelouch accomplished his goal by modifying his plans and making himself out to be a villain, thus giving chance for Zero to emerge as a hero. Light ended up killing many criminals before dying but he definitely didn't fulfill his goal of becoming God.

This one goes to Lelouch for realizing his goal.

So, while i like the character of Light better, the one who was actually a hero was Lelouch, seeing as he did everything he set out to and is even POSSIBLY alive.

As far as sheer intelligence it isn't even a close match at all. Lelouche is damn ignorant compared to Light. Lelouche failed where Light didn't, however in the end of their own series Lelouche lives and accomplishes his goal he set out to do from the beginning, while on the other hand Light dies and his goal was never realized. So if you go by what they accomplished.. Lelouche wins hands down. So it's a toss up as to which way to vote.. who accomplished their goals, who lived, or who was the most intelligent?

I can't decide which to vote based on.. so I'll do a count...

Accomplished Goals = Lelouche

Lived? = Lelouche

Intelligence = Light

Seems Lelouche wins 2 out of 3.. so he'll get my vote in the poll.

As far as which I prefer.. Light definitely.. although he was rather twisted.

Yeah, it's a toss up for me because if we go by accomplishments then Lelouch wins hands down, however if we're going by sheer intelligence then the edge goes to light. I'd still choose L over them both though

hmmm are we talking about a fight?

because I assume Light would know Lelouch's name and just write it in his death note......unless he was too busy taking a potato chip AND EATING IT!!!

Lol so true.

I agree with Kobe though, neither could top the awesome that is L. Even though Light got him killed. <.< Light couldn't do it on his own though as he never wanted to spend half his years to get the eyes himself to do so.

Lol so true.

I agree with Kobe though, neither could top the awesome that is L. Even though Light got him killed. <.< Light couldn't do it on his own though as he never wanted to spend half his years to get the eyes himself to do so.

You know, the story would have been sooo much different if Light just took it like a champ and used half of his years (In the end he died earlier than spending half of his life for those eyes...). Actually, would there have been a story? Essentially Light would've accomplished becoming "God" instantly at that point and there'd be no point in his faceoff against L, lol. Just write down anyone's names and he'd be set... Then again he might run out of room in his Death Note if he starts writing down just anyone's name.

Lelouch... Sure there were times when he strayed from his original plan because his sister or his best friend, but he worked around it and still came up with a brilliant plan. No matter the way you look at it, he achieved what he set out to do, give his sister a better world to live in.

Light- Let power run to his brain and flawed his plans. Clouded his judgement... end the end never achieved his goal of becoming god.

Lelouch- Gained the Power of the King, then threw it all away to give his sister a better world... He became the perfect enemy of the world to rid it of the thoughts of war and hate, to bring it all down on himself...

as the quote in my sig says, I Destroy the World and Create it anew..

*SPOILER*

Both Lelouche and Light are tragic figures in each other's respective stories. Both with a desire to change the world for the better future by any means neccesary. Where Light is a cool and collected person, he ultimately goes berserk and flips towards the end of the series while still achieving his goal after his death. Lelouch on the other hand had to die in order to ultimately make his plan work in the end. Both are skill masterminds and good anti-heroes, where Light just does it out of curiosity, Lelouch does it out of revenge. So in the end, I prefer Lelouch over Light, albeit by a very small margin.

hmmm are we talking about a fight?

because I assume Light would know Lelouch's name and just write it in his death note......unless he was too busy taking a potato chip AND EATING IT!!!

well, not if he takes his name from the news or his friends since mostly everyone knew him as Lelouch Lamperouge while his actual name was "Lelouch vi Brittania"

also, it wouldn't have been hard for Lelouch to look him in the eye and command him to write his own name in the Death Note.

Of course, all this is based on whether they're aware of each other's powers or not. It would make a good fanfic though if the story of Death Note were told with lelouch taking the place of L.