FF X-2. Was it really THAT bad?

Ferocia Coutura

Okay, so I'm replaying FFX (again) and afterwords I plan on playing X-2 (again). I liked X-2 a lot. I liked the job system, the fact that you didn't have to train seven different people, and I also LOVED the soundtrack. I know people don't like XIII because it was too linear. Did ya'll not like this one because it was too... liberal? All comments are welcomed!:dhh:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have any complaints with the battle system. My complaint was it didn't feel much like an RPG with it's mission mode based storyline and the fact you only had a 3 all girls team to play as for the entire game. It wouldn't be too bad to say start with Rikku and eventually gain the other two or something but I like the journey of getting a new team mate. This did not happen as you had your entire cast from the very beginning.

Honestly though this game was leagues better than Final Fantasy XIII. The sole reason is X-2 is a game while XIII is a CG film you don't even get to play.

I liked it a lot. It brought me back into the world of my favorite final fantasy and showed a refreshingly energetic version of spira. I liked the dresspheres. Some of the missions were kind of dumb, though, and I'm not a huge fan of mission stuff anyway, but yeah, it worked for this game, I think.

And I will always love me some crazy-ass Rikku. Keep giving me her and I'll play whatever you want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember looking forward to FFX-2 ever since FFX released. I was really anticipating it and when it finally came out I played it for about 5 hours or so and just really couldn't get into it.

I ended up just searching for the ending cut scene to find out what happened to Tidus and Yuna. The ending was great in my opinion, I just couldn't bring myself to play through the game, guess it wasn't my style...

It wasn't bad, It's mostly people pissed that they never get to see Tidus in the game and never get to play him. Definitely not as good was FF10 by story and all of that

that was pretty much my reason as well. that and the game got pretty monotonous about halfway through.

i ended up youtubing the cut-scenes.

• 2 weeks later...

I like FFX-2 too, don't know why alot of people hate it... prolly it is because of that you only get to play 3 girls from start to ending like Kopy stated. But i don't know why Koby, you say that FF13 suck because is like a movie... i don't see how the ATB system is a "play for you" thing. FF1-10 is base on ATB battle system as well. Plus from my 90hours of play FF13 i didn't feel like the battle system played for me.

Altho i get what you mean alito because it does choose the magic/attacks for you, but thats if you didn't care.Its just like you are fighting some easy monster in any FF you just attack with one hit and your done but when it comes to fighting the hard one its different. I know when i do the hard mission in FF13, all of them i fight, i manually control my magics/attacks.

I actually really enjoyed that game. The only complaint I ever had about it was that they forced you to do the minigames to get the true ending. But it was a great game overall, that minigame complaint is just a personal thing anyway, didn't make it "bad"

didnt really care for X-2, thats just my opinion. The only thing i liked about was collectong the spheres. other than that it went of story too much and you had to do a bunch of side quests! It may just be me but it wasnt thought out as much as FFX, the first one was a master piece. lol i cried at the end of it.