FF X-2. Was it really THAT bad?

Ferocia Coutura

FFX-2 was a mixed bag. It's gameplay was nothing like FFX's, but it was actually pretty fun. The main problem I think people had with it was that the main character, Yuna, acts quite differently than she did in FFX. This is explained through the story, but it is still a bit jarring. Also, the whole Yuna, Rikku, Paine thing is very reminiscent of Charlie's Angels, which makes it a bit hard to take the story very seriously at times.

I did like how many of the environments were from FFX, but they were still greatly affected by the events that transpired in FFX. All in all, FFX-2 can be found for pretty cheap now, so if you're even a bit interested, then it's worth checking out. Like other FF's, the side stuff can majorly suck up some time, so be prepared.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed X-2 actually. I didn't have much problem with it. I loved X more, but yeah -- It was still good & I played it all the way through on a rental.

I was thinking of buying it sooner or later, but really I think I'm bored with RPG's like Final Fantasy. I can't say if it's all RPG's like this or just the fact that I'm kind of disappointed about XIII. I still haven't played that all the way through & I'm not even sure I want to.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Oh yeah. I did like the Dress Sphere System, it was quite unique & refreshing, & it really helped your battle strategies.

• 1 month later...

I didn't find it bad at all! Or maybe that was just me? I really loved the new gameplay that FFX-2 offered. Sure it provided you with too much variety in ending, but hey, just means that you have to play it again and again to get what you want. Might be a bit tiring, but just the thought of getting that ending that you want? Awesome~