FF X-2. Was it really THAT bad?

Ferocia Coutura

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have any real complaints with the game the only thing I can say is that the Battle System was wonderful but I have to say the story really was not hitting me or have a very big impact on me like X did. I just think they tried to ride the wave of the first game and didn't capture a broader range of audience.

Cheesy-ness of the story and characters aside, I think FFX-2 could have been the next "FFV" in its time if it wasn't in the same world as FFX but as a stand alone. Nobody can argue the fact that the battle-system, job system, massive amount of content, replay-value and freedom is top-notch. 

To be truly frank, I would have liked Square Enix replacing FFXI with FFX-2 (and making the MMO as a spin off series, something like FF Online 1, etc.) and making the world of FFX-2 totally original but keeping of course all the gameplay elements.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, if they would've just taken the whole pop singer thing out, it would've made it seem worlds better. I think that's what ruins it for me. It did have a really good battle system and all the traditional FF jobs were even there. But looking back on it, the whole J Pop thing is just cringey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I loved it, but mainly because of the job system. I mean, to this day my favourite FF game has to be FFV, because of the job system, (a close 2nd is FFT for the same reason, and FFX-2 3rd)

Most people do not like it also for the reason that its selling point was shorter skirts and an all girl party. Lets face it, they tried to make it more ecchi.

Considering I am an adult male, that did not hinder my love of the game though xD

The story was not completely horrible, but;

The ending was a huge let-down.

Still I was glad I bought it and then glad I sold it. (not much reply value to me)