FF X-2. Was it really THAT bad?

Ferocia Coutura

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly i reckon the battle system was fine... (mind you i prefer the FFX-FFVII kind of battle system) but what really pissed me off was the very little effort they put in the mapping... I really do think they should have changed the world of Spira a bit more...

Oh, I disagree. I though Spira was he prettiest world of any FF. I absolutely think its gorgeous!!!

Both games have their strong points; X-2 was a different point of view of Spira as well as a fresh and quick battle system. It just happened to lack in content, and bouncing the story off three characters that weren't highly interesting IMO.

XIII had an amazing battle system with some interesting characters, though lacked in the same imagination or creation that is staple in the FF series.

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't THAT bad... I got pretty close to finishing it, and then stopped, but it had me interested until ALMOST the end. FFX was just epic though... I played that through like 5 or 6 times... Not all at once, duh, but throughout the years... The story, and cinematics were great. I am a big fan of FFX, FFX-2 was decent, but still in my top 50 games...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked FFX-2 as it was my first Final Fantasy game. However after I played FFX, I realised why some gamers would have been disappointed in the somewhat new release. Compared to FFX, FFX-2 can't hold a candle to its name. When taking a closer look at the game and trying to play through it again, I didn't enjoy it as much as I first did. Whilst with FFX, I enjoy it through and through. I started to see FFX2 as more of a fanservice rather than an actual Final Fantasy game. Though this is just my own view of it. It's still a good game on its own.

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly though this game was leagues better than Final Fantasy XIII. The sole reason is X-2 is a game while XIII is a CG film you don't even get to play.
Truth. I went into X-2 expecting to hate it, and was thoroughly entertained. I went into XIII expecting to love it, and was thoroughly disappointed.

The game was far too guided. There simply wasn't the sense of exploration and wonder you had in FFX (of any good RPG). That was my major gripe. Was it really good? No.

Was it THAT bad? No.

For instance, I think that in many ways FFX-2 is superior to FFXII & FFXIII (which I consider to be wastes of time in pretty packaging).

However, it is still a mediocre game, when compared to truly engaging games, like FF6 (OK, a bit old-skool maybe... :P)

Many people have talked about the battle system, and i'll agree with them, it was fantastic and just so fresh which i was not expecting at the time it came out. However i do hate that game with a passion, so many of its enviroments were the exact same places you'd already visited and the few new places were extremely underwhelming. The story is, in my opinion, one of the worsts in the whole series and it progressed in such a disjointed and meaningless way. I would say it definitely it is that bad.

it was a great game.. but only thing i didnt like was.. to get the perfect ending u needed 100%.. and thats really bugged me.. it took me over 5 months to get perfect ending.. but the game overroll was great..not as good as ffx but it was nice with the dressphere system.. i missed the summons tho.. i think they should allowed Tidus as a playable character after u get 100% into the story and after the ending.. just like a bonus free roam kinda thing

Ya it was that bad coz FFx had left a mark on whoever played it then ffx-2 came along and to find it to be like an episode of watching keeping up with the kardashians or high school musical just pissed me off. And just to watch a clip of yuna meeting with tidus i had to finish the game 7 times and to get full 100% game completion!!!