Looking for a good anime to watch next

I am looking for a good anime to watch, but don't want to invest the next few weeks in something that's not awesome. That being said instead of doing this the way everyone else does, let me know what your number one all time favorite anime series/movie is and (more importantly to me) why is it your favorite? What makes it so appealing?

My list isn't very long, but I have seen the following series:

Full Metal Alchemist

Naruto and Shippuden

Elfen Lied

Cowboy Bebop

Please Teacher

FLCL

And the following movies:

Princess Mononoke

Cowboy Bebop movie

Naruto movies

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Spirited Away

Ponyo

Ninja Scroll

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Bakuman , Hajime no Ippo , Samurai champloo.

These three series I really recommend .

By the way my favourite anime is One Piece.

Its my favorite because it has a mix of everything !

OP is very original , the character development is amazing ! the battles are very interesting , and the story is very addicting once you get into it.

the one problem its very long :L so you might not want to pick it up its 480+ episodes long but believe me it's worth it...another reason you might NOT like it is because of its animation style which is rather 'different' which you get used to.

Bakuman , Hajime no Ippo , Samurai champloo.

These three series I really recommend .

By the way my favourite anime is One Piece.

Its my favorite because it has a mix of everything !

OP is very original , the character development is amazing ! the battles are very interesting , and the story is very addicting once you get into it.

the one problem its very long :L so you might not want to pick it up its 480+ episodes long but believe me it's worth it...another reason you might NOT like it is because of its animation style which is rather 'different' which you get used to.

well said, a few months ago i did insist my officemate to try and watch the series (eventually he love's bleach and naruto in a way that he also despised one piece for having it's odd artwork)

just a week ago, i did ask the person on whats the status of him in watching the series, and it seems that he started to love it since he is already at episode 300+ =)

btw, for the topic i will recommend this series for you:

Long Series:

One Piece 487+ as of now

Short Series:

Deathnote 37 Episodes

Fate Stay Night 24 Episodes

Eureka Seven 50 Episodes

Code Geass R1+R2 50 Episodes

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 S1+S2 50 Episodes

Hajime no Ippo + New Challenger 76 + 26 Episodes

Initial D: 1st to 4th Stage 26+13+1+25 Episodes

i hope that my post helps!

Definitely give black lagoon a try, is for sure in my to 10. It's got great action, cool characters and a nice philosphical bent to it that makes it much more than just a shoot'em up style of anime.

Plus I think gungrave is pretty awesome too... I would recommend more, but would need to know more in terms of what kind of anime you are into, but you cannot go wrong with black lagoon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...