What's The Most Screwed Up Anime You've Ever Seen?

Wake

I know some threads are for "whats the best anime you've ever seen?" or "what's the worst anime you've ever seen?" but what I'm asking is what anime did you watch that by the end you were going "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?!?!" Something that just messed with your mind totally and forever...

Mine would have to be Texhnolyze... though its weird in a way, the show was great, but the ending well... (the spoiler is for me ranting about the ending so don't read if you don't want to know what happens.)

they just kill off all the main characters and the plot just falls apart and makes the entire show up to that point meaningless, then as the main character dies he shows a projection of something that's suppose to have some meaning, but I don't think the audience is really suppose to know, it's just to make them want to rip their hair out (which I did at that point).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me, it'd have to be Gantz. It had a really great story while they were following the manga but as soon as they went into "Original Story" mode, it became a WTF IS THIS! for me all the way to the end.

the ending was so damn retarded. i watched it again 3 more times but i still couldn't make any sense out of it. the 4th level was just complete bullshit.

Furi Kuri (Fooly Cooly) - top of my list.

messed up from start to end. couldn't make head or tail of it.

Haha I completely agree with you there FLCL was created to mess with our minds. And it never explained what fooly cooly meant..Yet it was still unusually entertaining..

Bible black. is some twisted shit. it counts as anime although its also under the hentai list. didnt know that till i watched. Creepy
I knew someone was going to end up saying this.

As for myself, those closest think to bizarre that I've watched would be Baccano, though most people (Myself included) wouldn't really class it as such.

depending on how one defines messed up...Urotsukidōji - been ages since i saw it so not sure how it really compares to things these days but at the time it caused a bit of a stir for the violence and sadism and err tentacles doing unnatural things - and here is Australia we got a mild version of the movie apparently...pretty sure its R rated....and I'm still not quite sure what the plot was suppose to be....if there was one....

Haha I completely agree with you there FLCL was created to mess with our minds. And it never explained what fooly cooly meant..Yet it was still unusually entertaining..

It was an exaggeration of the craziness of growing up. Not that hard to follow actually once you know that. The way I look at FLCL is that everything that happened was really just an exaggeration for what really happened. As if the story was being told by a kid who let his imagination run wild. As for what "fooly cooly" meant, it was just a word they pretty much made up that described anything sexual,. i.e. making out and such.

EDIT: Also, almost everyone in here is misinterpreting what the OP was asking. Ignore the title of the thread and read what he actually posted. He wants to know what shows mindf*cked (i.e. confused) us.

Seikon No Qwaser was really messed up yet so delicious at the same time, you can't get more messed up than having to suck breasts for power, the story was crap but other than that, the show was epic win! And Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, so ridiculously funny, yet so crazy and nonsensical.

For me, the most screwed up anime i've ever seen is Basilisk.

To further explain that:

The Animation is quite beatiful and has a intensity of advanced drawings but

the shit is already starting when we point on the characters, i mean do you really want a crossover from a man and a spider or a man that is looking like a ghoul in a Samurai motion based anime? O_o

Nevertheless not to forget about the story, which may be quite interesting, so Basilisk maybe is worth it to listen to the story, but watching it is quite to much i think!