What's The Most Screwed Up Anime You've Ever Seen?

Wake

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you say screwed up do you mean it has extreme WTF factor? cause if you do then neon genesis evangelion was completely wtf

RahXephon was aswell, the story near the end just lost all sense, so much in fact that i had to watch the last episode 4 times to try and understand what happened! both series were very good tho and i reccomend them to anyone who aint seen them...

for me...

most messed up anime due to it's ending would be Berserk... But only if you go by anime alone... The ending of Berserk was completely a WTF moment.

by series itself, I would say that the most messed up anime I've seen (in terms that it made no sense at all) would be Dokurochan.

And in terms of making you think... I think Noein made an impact.

Black Rock Shooter, the ending kinda left without any explanation about how it happened or what was going on

That was just a simple non-linear story. It started off at the beginning chronologically and then right after mid-point chronologically during the fight scenes. So the show as a whole alternated between those two time lines. What you saw at the end when she said "I am black rock shooter" was really the mid point of the show, and you already say what came of that throughout the ova as she saved her friend.

Neon Genesis Evangelion

By far, it's exactly as you described. I did not expect the massive amount of lol-symbolism, mainly in End of Evangelion. I still loved it obviously, but lol wow the first time I watched it I didn't know what hit me. My body and mind were simply not prepared.

This.

gantz hands down. that mangaka has issues lol

And This.

And Berserk lol.