Watashi no Eien no Ai [Poem]

Koby

Watashi no Eien no Ai

(Japanese for: My Everlasting Love)

Finished: August 05, 2010

Dedicated to: Talena Mae

With the start of each new day

I find myself thinking of you...

Baby, can't you see you're the light of my day!

You're my everything, body and soul.

You're my lover, and my dreams come true.

I only say those things because it's true.

I'd do anything for you.

You are all that I see; all that I feel.

You are all that I need; all that is real.

Out of nowhere I see your smile,

hear your laugh and I think of you...

I close my eyes, and there you are,

you dazzle me, from near and far.

We are a part, in lands so far.

This distance is harsh, this trial is hard.

May I have you just one night, just to touch your hand,

To be with you and to hold you in my arms?

I want you now, stay near to me;

eyes open wide, still you I see.

These feelings grow stronger with each passing moment.

When I am with you I am enchanted;

For I am in the presence of an angel.

No longer can my feelings be held in.

From my chest they burst outward.

In this moment only one thing is certain,

Talena Mae, I love you.

I figured I may as well post this one here. I have posted all my past poems here. All I see people post now days though is stories involving forum members. This section is more than just stories and being the last poem I wrote, I thought what the heck? So here it is. The title is kind of corny thinking back on everything. Everlasting Love? Is there really such a thing? I use to believe so, but it seems like every day we drift further apart.

Wow. Nice Koby! When I read it I actually imagined marriage lol!

The structure is Freestyle correct? My professor told me that freestyle poems are better compared to the traditional ones in terms of expression especially nowadays. I like the way it sounds like an eternal vow to a love one (Talena). The message is straightforward and it doesn't require an epically intelligent person to grasp its meaning. And for me, that is indeed a good thing considering the fact that it is after all, for a love one!

The persona of the poem (You) is obviously very in love to the woman he desires and that as I said, is a good thing because anyone can figure out the message immediately. :D

And 1 advice if ever the idea cross your mind, DON'T USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR if you plan on translating your poem to Japanese hahaha!

Oh the wonders of love! I could use some love right now hahaha :)

(sorry 4 the long comment I always want to speak my mind to the fullest)

well, i read this the day you posted it and it was real original to me since at that time in prep for my hindi exams, i'd only been reading tragedy ballads.

however, i doubt i'll be able to understand the soul behind those words since i've never really felt for a person in that way. i dunno, maybe it'll never happen, but i'm not the best guy to comment on love poems.

well, i read this the day you posted it and it was real original to me since at that time in prep for my hindi exams, i'd only been reading tragedy ballads.

however, i doubt i'll be able to understand the soul behind those words since i've never really felt for a person in that way. i dunno, maybe it'll never happen, but i'm not the best guy to comment on love poems.

I could give you a piece of my charm I you like since you're a forum buddy! Never had a girlfriend (studies) but they sort of chase me at times hahah :D

We are the same in some ways. She will come in due time don't worry hahaha!

• 2 weeks later...

With my net going out and my nephews wanting to spend time with me over the school holidays yes I was not on as much as I wish or hoped to be.

but that does not change how I feel about you Koby, but you wish to be friends and I respect that so friend we will be. But know this: I do love you that has not and will not change.

*Edit* Oh and I really do still love this poem.