RazorDan

Is Death Note overrated?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Is Death Note overrated?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, atm the highest rated anime is Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood according to MAL.

Death Note is at #16 but still it's quite an intriguing anime which is one of my all-time favorites. there are very few anime in which the roles of protagonist and antagonist are so blurry.

note i said most popular not highest rated i.e the most watched

http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity

For a second I was kind of confused by the question, since I have never read a post asking this question. The story and the way it make you think, it is enough to be considered an epic series, at least in my opinion.

Side Note:

Now I got my father to watch the Death Note movies and he loved them

Not at all I loved Death Note its in the top 3 of the best anime series Ive ever seen, right behind Air Gear. But there are things I hated about it. Near, Mello, the whole point where Light doesn't have a Death Note. Pretty much after L dies the series died with him. But all together its a really great anime. I always tell my friend at work that hasn't seen Death Note to watch it up to the point where L dies then watch the Death Note speicals to piece together the plot without the mindless crap that takes place after L dies. Plus just watching those piece together how Near found out Light was Kira and it gives a more complete ending. Which I still wish Light won.

• 8 months later...
I can't believe what I'am reading here. I didn't expect there would be so many people that did no like Death Note.

I know people who do not whatch anime but saw it and loved it.

Death Note was epic, almost legendary...

Most people who don't like Death Note also believe FMAB is better than FMA and that Code Geass is an excellent example of pacing and story telling. ~_~