130 members have voted

1. 1. Is Death Note overrated?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I thought it was a great anime! It was short so my interests were kept. The story kept adding twists to the plot and the soundtrack was epic!! I have heard about it being overrated, but when I watched it I did not think that at all and neither did my brothers and friends who watched it, they all thought it was epic!

I actually found out about this anime through a lunch table discussion in High School and that was back when it was only half dubbed. I generally prefer to watch my anime dubbed, but once I started watching I couldn't just stop where it wasn't dubbed and wait. I kept watching through the whole series and loved every bit of it. It deserves the hype it gets.

I really liked Death Note and did not think that it was overrated. What I did not like about Death Note was the ending. I thought the Mangaka could have come up with a way cooler ending than that. It would have been better if Light had got away and lived.

I really liked Death Note and did not think that it was overrated. What I did not like about Death Note was the ending. I thought the Mangaka could have come up with a way cooler ending than that. It would have been better if Light had got away and lived.

If I remember correctly the manga did have a different ending, although not sure what it was.

I know even the Live-Action movies features a different ending where L won.

Death Note is one my most favourite animes of all time. Its right up there with Code Geass and Fullmetal alchemist. The plot is awesome, the characters are awesome, whats there not to like? :P

Although it does become kind of dull after L dies.. He was like one of those 'should be there until the end' guys but it was a nice twist and many people might not have expected it

And the movie Live-Action movie was really weird.. Light didnt have that dark aura he did in the anime

Overrated? No. It’s incredible. Even though I found the period after L's death to be a decrease in the storyline’s previous greatness (until the ending that is), the entire series remains incredible. And that tense rivalry between Light and L is one of the best anime rivalries to date.

Hitomi echoes my feelings more or less to the letter. I do think the anime is a tad over-rated, but that over-ratedness in my experience comes from the fact that many people have such strong identifications with characters in the show. Indeed, L and Light seem to represent the two sides of the "geek" persona--one side a brilliant social reject who operates in relative anonymity, the other side a successful person with a craving for power.

After L's departure, I really lost the story. The play between L and Light is what made the show, in my opinion. Honestly, I was expecting L to show up at the end alive and well, that is how brilliant a character he was. I figured he must have found a way to defeat the Deathnote.

The first time i watch it i thought it was the greatest thing ever but that was when i was still new to anime the second time i whatched it it was still good but lights whole lose my memories and chatch light was just dum. It had to many holes in that plan that he didnt account for and after that the show was just weaker without L.