So...it seems Japan has lost it. Banning Anime & Manga?

idl12

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for te sake of my livelyhood I hope you're right, I mean It's just stupid that they're targeting only anime and manga plus one of the guys supporting this shit is the writer of erotic novels potraying rape, murder and whatnot, so they're saying it's okay if it's on paper or filmed but not animated, it's ridiculous!.

The only way this can be over-turned is for the companies to band together and put a stop to it. If they all start fighting back, there is a high chance of over-turning it. It doesn't matter about the fans, since the government never listens to the people, even when they say they do. They always try to hide the facts from public view, so that they can do as they please. No government doesn't do this. The companies would aloso have to bribe them, most likely, since all politicians in the world will do anything for money.

EDIT: I just read the second article, and it seems that the Japanese government is the worst kind there is. The governor seems to be ignoring the people, which is supposed to be against what a Democratic government is all about (Japan's government is a democratic one). The people's interests are supposed to be more valued to a governmental leader than their own self-interests.

Not having any problems with ecchi since i never watch it anyway, but i am concerned how it may affect other anime that might even have a few ounces of ecchi/stuff despite the anime/manga not being in that category.... O.o

This is getting kinda ridiculous though...

From what I understand it's not only Ecchi and sstuff but things like violence and death and all the other interesting stuff to.

And..it passes...

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/12/13/tokyo-anime-manga-ban-passes/

Unless someone comes along and tells me that I've read this totally wrong, it's depression time!

From what I understand it's not only Ecchi and sstuff but things like violence and death and all the other interesting stuff to.

And..it passes...

Unless someone comes along and tells me that I've read this totally wrong, it's depression time!

It may say it was passed, but it doesn't get voted on until December 15, 2010, legally. It also won't go into effect when signed until at least half way through 2011.

It may say it was passed, but it doesn't get voted on until December 15, 2010, legally. It also won't go into effect when signed until at least half way through 2011.

how in the name of almighty did this thing get approved? and so quickly? ...

DAMMIT! if i had known Japan was THIS effective in banning things, i might have joined a petition and recruited a few thousand members a bit sooner.

lol, even Koby didnt get a chance to put it on the Broadcast Station

This is bad news I'll definitely going to pray as many times as I could with hopes that GOD will NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! I mean do they want ANIME to become Cartoon-Like?! Now I'm beginning to foresee what kind of anime they will be releasing next year... Nice present for Christmas... I hope some sort of miracle will happen to "dispel" this TERRIBLE BUFF :|

I really really find it hard to believe this can even work..... O.o

For one thing, i could care less bout ecchi/extreme graphic/hentai getting killed off.....they had it coming. Its plain obvious. (Plus i found em pointless but thats just me)

As for the others, i don't think they would be getting a ban.....more likely an age restrict because they didn't really mention the exact names/themes that would get caught in this ban. FYI, ecchi/violence is spread out on so many genres its ridiculous! Banning em all would literally mean the end and this would definitely mean all those companies including the ones who licensed em international such as funi, viz etc would be screwed should they stop production!

Long story short, not gonna happen! At least not without a fight and a hard one on that.

Long story short, not gonna happen! At least not without a fight and a hard one on that.

I really hope so. I'm just wondering why do we need to be "infested" by some "kill-joy" man. No offense but Japan is becoming more and more popular not only because of its technology but also because of its anime. And their anime contains elements that for me, entertaining in every angle. It would be fine for me, if they just ban the H-animes since it is really well, let's just say "qualifies" in the man's agenda but banning other animes with nice mixture of violence and little fan service is going too far. Personally, I find fan service more of a comedy element than a lustful one.

Yeah you heard right. this probably means the end of ecchi. no hope now for HoTD 2, Air gear 2 etc.

'Tokyo’s ban on anime, manga and games featuring “virtual crimes” or which are “likely to interfere with the healthy development of youth” has passed after the DPJ agreed to support it.

The DPJ’s only addition to the critical portion of the law was a short rider which requests “prudent application of the law in light of any artistic, social, scientific or satirical merits the work might express” – it does not however add any legal obligation to consider these, or establish any clear or indepdently enforced criteria for judging whether a work can be declared “harmful” or not.'

Here's the full article. Thanks to Kazu for showing me.

theres a slight chance it'll be overturned, so you better pray lol

EDIT: thanks to kazu again i just realised this could affect violence too so bleach, gundam, naruto etc. might be in trouble as they might think violence is '“likely to interfere with the healthy development of youth'

thanks to kazu again i just realised this could affect violence too so bleach, gundam, naruto etc. might be in trouble as they might think violence is '“likely to interfere with the healthy development of youth'

Yes, if you had read the actual issue it is banning any adult related themes. It's not just ecchi, but violence, gore, swearing, etc.. What this bill is saying is that pretty much Anime will have to be rated G to PG only and be nothing more than cartoons due to limiting the freedom of the creators.

What the bill really signifies isn't the end of ecchi, it's the end of Anime period. They have come to pass this by falling to United States demands and in the process turning their backs on the majority of their own people to make the rest of the world happy with them. I honestly don't see this bill ever actually succeeding even though it has been passed. It will most likely be overturned when they come to their senses and see how many people are against it and also how much money it will cost their country (Japanese Otaku's alone spend billions, maybe trillions of dollars (in this case yen) for their products).

The most prominent threat here being no more HOTD, I am now very, very sad, I think I might just go rape a few underaged girls just to vent the pent up pedophile- ish sexual feelings I have that was usually put to rest with all the ecchi I've been watching, get what I'm saying?