So...it seems Japan has lost it. Banning Anime & Manga?

idl12

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BANNING AND CENSORSHIP are always bad. I hope that this not will happened

Banning in anime and manga is always not good. I hope that the situations will change soon

This law is just to regulate certain content. It isn't meant to ban or censor anything. In fact, online distribution will be unaffected by the law in its entirety. No company has to alter their content if they don't want to, even after the regulation kicks in. They just will be restricted to certain shows in normal stores. Others would have to go to the adult sections and/or be distributed online (since there are no restrictions online).

This is only and i mean ONLY going to affect tv broadcasts and selling it to minors, nothing is getting banned, they are just restricting some things and putting it in the adult section if they are affected by the new law, so they are just getting getting a 18+ slapped on them, so people, FOR GODS SAKES please think before you open your mouths because you dont know what you are talking about. This was always going to happen, and now it is, please get over it, and good day. sheesh >> if you are going to complain about the censorship's, god just buy the dam,n bluray/dvd when they come out. or just buy the manga, once again, THEY ARE NOT BANNING ANYTHING! JUST RESTRICTING SO THEY CANT SELL ECCHI/HENTAI TO MINORS!

Ok rant is over... for now unless another member who complains OMG NO MY ANIME IS GONE FOREVER WAH DAMN YOU JAPAN WHY DO YOU CENSOR MY ANIME ;A;

Those are the people who are really getting on my nerves about this subject, take a deep breath people and just get it in your heads that there is nothing anyone can do about it now, the law was passed last week. and no one is going to listen to anyone now because there is no need to now because the law has been passed and things will go into affect next year.

This is only and i mean ONLY going to affect tv broadcasts and selling it to minors, nothing is getting banned, they are just restricting some things and putting it in the adult section if they are affected by the new law, so they are just getting getting a 18+ slapped on them, so people, FOR GODS SAKES please think before you open your mouths because you dont know what you are talking about. This was always going to happen, and now it is, please get over it, and good day. sheesh >> if you are going to complain about the censorship's, god just buy the dam,n bluray/dvd when they come out. or just buy the manga, once again, THEY ARE NOT BANNING ANYTHING! JUST RESTRICTING SO THEY CANT SELL ECCHI/HENTAI TO MINORS!

Ok rant is over... for now unless another member who complains OMG NO MY ANIME IS GONE FOREVER WAH DAMN YOU JAPAN WHY DO YOU CENSOR MY ANIME ;A;

Those are the people who are really getting on my nerves about this subject, take a deep breath people and just get it in your heads that there is nothing anyone can do about it now, the law was passed last week. and no one is going to listen to anyone now because there is no need to now because the law has been passed and things will go into affect next year.

i wouldn't fret too much about that, cloud.

the guys who've posted all that "END OF THE ANIME" crap have about 5-10 posts, so my guess is that they were most likely leeches who wanted to get their post counts up so they could get their anime and get out.

i wouldn't fret too much about that, cloud.

the guys who've posted all that "END OF THE ANIME" crap have about 5-10 posts, so my guess is that they were most likely leeches who wanted to get their post counts up so they could get their anime and get out.

HA! You should definitely see how ppl took this news back in CW, it was much blown out of proportion compared to here! :P

This is only and i mean ONLY going to affect tv broadcasts and selling it to minors, nothing is getting banned, they are just restricting some things and putting it in the adult section if they are affected by the new law, so they are just getting getting a 18+ slapped on them.

so, in other words ... we were running around like headless chickens for nothing?

i mean, if it's just getting restricted, then people who are 18+ can easily go to the store, buy them and post them on the net, right?

you have a point there, no matter how the government actively stops/prohibits some rated 18+ content.. how could they possibly stop the leaking of this things in the internet? torrents, filehosting sites.. it's just that the technology today is a way different than before where it's hard to get this kind of content.

i.e. lets say a mature 21+ adult buys this content and then rips the episodes, uploads them via the internet and then a person below 18 downloads it in the internet. i think it does not make sense at all.

the best thing that we can do for now is to wait till next year on how will things fold up, and still i will think possibly about this that most of the series im looking forward to will be not affected by this law.