KH: Am I the only one?

Nutz

I am really having mixed reviews from people between Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2. Some say the first one is better and some say the second one is better.

The graphics, camara angles fixed, the drives, reaction commands, I can keep going on is the reason why the second one was way better then the first one.

I hardly take these things in account when judging RPGs because these don't really matter (the exception is if the system is really unbearable, which isn't the case). I judge RPGs solely on the storyline, the characters (and the fact they mixed a lot of characters from lots of places made them shallow, which is a very heavy let down imo) and the amount of fun I had playing. That's what I take in account because that's what matters to me in an RPG, so that's why my rating may be different.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I hardly take these things in account when judging RPGs because these don't really matter (the exception is if the system is really unbearable, which isn't the case). I judge RPGs solely on the storyline, the characters (and the fact they mixed a lot of characters from lots of places made them shallow, which is a very heavy let down imo) and the amount of fun I had playing. That's what I take in account because that's what matters to me in an RPG, so that's why my rating may be different.

if you want a story with amazing charac ter devlopements and breath taking aubiences and shit go read a damned book.

the whole kingdom hearts plot and story is so original i have yet to see a game anywhere near so similiar. The first succesfull alternate reality game to come out in the video game world and that is quite a feat.

yeah there are alot of things wrong with KHI and II dizzy camera angles but you can adjust the camera angle you know >_>

anyway if a game is good enough that im still playing it after beating it multiple times then it has to be good and KH is the only game i still play over and over.

I am just throwing this out there..., if a game is not set on planet earth, in the present or past, than it is based on an alternate reality where such and such is possible... including if the game is based on "Another planet, somewhere in the universe"... soooo,... basically every game is an alternate universe/reality... BUT KH is original because it plays on that alternate reality/universe/realm thing, to great effect, only game that I know of that is similar to it, is Dungeons and Dragons (Which was the first to have that kind of alternate realms thing, but it never played as strongly on it until late in the game, and even than KH's alternate unvierse thing is way different in some ways), where you can also travel between alternate universes/realms/realities... but anywaaaaaay......... KH, although not much fun to play, has an original plot, at the very least, it has okay characters, and it's combat system is good, I would score it about 7 or 8 (That includes #2 and that other one)... I don't play it... cause it sucked, but that has nothing to do with whether or not a game was good when rating it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if the influence of Disney was toned down a little, and by that I mean both the company and the characters, KH would be a bit better. Disney's influence is what made the first one awesome, actually. I liked the Disney influence in the first. The first had some deep issues, but they were able to pull it off without overdoing it. The second started getting too deep, I guess, and it's really hard to balance more mature themes with an audience of younger kids (because of Disney). So instead, it turned into this dumbed-down version of mature themes and characters and such. Nothing can really be done about it, cause this does have Disney in it - it would be bad for Disney to be associated with a game full of material that isn't completely appropriate for kids.

Just my two cents though, I just finished KH2 a while back after being at the very end for over a year... Heh.

• 3 months later...

The original I felt was a new idea in a RPG gaming era where the genre had kinda become samey. It was fresh and sparked new interest.

The second though I think fell victim to the 'Raiden effect' where just like in MGS2, you take control of a new protagonist and you have a load of backstory you want to indulge in with a new character who you may not be able to relate too. I never did get far past the beginning unfortunately.

• 1 year later...

I liked the second one better because it had alot of characters and the the final boss was an epic fight. I say KHI was ok, only because it had a decent storyline. KH chain of memories was bad...I also like the fact that KHII got more mature since KHI is a game that a little 5 year old would be like"OH MY GAWSH! MICKEY MOUSE!!!" and other kiddy charcters. The first KH was a dummed down version because of disney's too much interaction. KHII was more logical.

• 2 weeks later...