Bleach

Guest Morpheus

Ok I know that this is like 2 months old but i just found out that Warner Bros is trying to get the rights to bleach for a live action movie :oh: I'm kinda curious how it will turn out, but I'm sure its going to suck if they do make it...

Do you guys think they should make it¿ and if so, who do you think should b the cast for which character¿

im sure most people saw how much the live action dragon ball movie sucked and i cannot recall any video game movies that are any good so i doubt this will be any different. it just seems media doesnt transfer well between two formats.

Thats true but it seems to b a thing now to do live-action movies... Avatar:The Last Airbender Live-Action movie is being released in the being of July and thats going to b in 3D and Warner Bros already has the rights to other anime... and they r thinkin of makin a Death Note live-action movie... even though its been done... it seems every1 is tryin to hit the anime live-action market... =\

when i first heard they were making an avatar movie i was so excited but then learned m. night shyamalan was directing and there is no way they can do the series justice in 1 and a half hours to 2 hours. (but i will still go and watch it)

but i refuse to go see prince of persia movie since it will be absolutely nothing like the game(which was AMAZING)

Well the Bleach movie is going to suck. Some Anime just can't be made into live-action and still be good. Besides Hollywood tries to screw with it to make it so that people who don't watch Anime will like it. Which means changing a lot of shit about it, like with Dragonball Evolution. So until they stopped and make a live-action movie based on Anime that isn't altered for non-Anime fans.. they will always suck.

and just imagine how much cgi they would need to do 90% of the stuff that would happen. it would be live-action lite and they wouldn;t be able to follow the anime story since they will have 2 hours or less

ps-shadow your sigs are awesome, especially the one with the butterflys

ps-shadow your sigs are awesome, especially the one with the butterflys

TY :DD

But yeah lets hope Tite Kubo doesnt give warner bros Bleach. All hollywood live action movies suck... Dbz's dragonball revolution (didnt watch it but ads looked bad) and Gundam's G-Savior Didnt no Gundam even had a live-action movie till recently which just says how much it sucks =/

edit: Just Found The Article:

From The Hollywood Reporter, ICV2 and MTV.com: Word from Hollywood says that Warner Brothers is in talks to secure the rights to produce a live-action feature film based on Bleach, the popular action-adventure shonen manga series by Tite Kubo.

According to the Hollywood Reporter article, Peter Segal, the director of Get Smart and 50 Dates is slated to produce the film, along with his Michael Ewing, Segal's partner at Callahan Filmworks. VIZ Media, the American publisher and licensor of the Bleach manga and anime will also be playing a key role in this production.

With mostly comedies to his credit, Segal seems at first glance to be an unlikely choice to produce the film version of this action-packed series, but he is reportedly "been seeking to expand his portfolio by taking on darker, more action-oriented material."

This is far from the only live action manga adaptation in the works at Warner Brothers. Savvy manga movie watchers might also remember that Allen and Albert Hughes, the sibling directing/producing team behind Book of Eli, Menace II Society and From Hell have been in talks to develop a live action version of Akira, Katsuhiro Otomo's iconic cyberpunk sci-fi epic.

Even after the dismal box office returns for Imagi Studios' production of Astro Boy (2009), Hollywood's interest in making manga into movies hasn't abated. The MTV article also mentions Vampire Hunter D and Ghost in the Shell as other titles currently in development for the big screen.

Anybody else notice that Ichigo nearly has to get himself killed (not including anime-only fillers) to be able to get stronger? Off the top of my head:

-Ichigo obtains shikai after nearly being killed by Byakua

-Ichigo obtains bankai after nearly getting kill Byakua again (fight postponed by Yuroichi and Ichgo stabbed in the gut)

-Ichigo is able to control his hollowfication after being beat by Grimmjow

-Ichigo is able to maintain hollowfication much longer after being stabbed thrrough the chest by Ulquiorra

• Koby unlocked this topic