death penalty...for or against

nellawin

well, for me i think that implementation of the death penalty should still be in effect due to the fact that criminals would learn not to commit such hienous crimes by setting an example to like the execution of a serious offender...i know that no one has the right to take another man's life and some might say that eye for an eye is not justice...but i strongly believe that the implemetation of this will have an effect on the crime rates of each and every country...that's why i say yes to death penalty...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say yes to having the death penalty. But more than just having it, USE it. none of this sitting on deathrow for 20 years. Prisons are being overcrowded(maybe we are all just becoming immoral), Thousands of dollars go to taking care of the inmates(some of who live better than those on the outside) who committed murder and the like. Why do they get free room and board? I say all lifers should get the death penalty.

I support the death penalty fully and that's an opinion based on experiences, not feelings and like the person above me said, USE the damn thing but what I support more, is that it be done publicly or broadcasted and be used for more than just murder, but things like rape as well, and people on death row shouldn't be given the good treatment they get either, they are shit, so treat them likewise. just saying

I support death penalty , said that fear of death is something which effects the conscious while planing a crime, and death row, why that thing exists in first place, If person is accused of crime, than he had no right to live (death penalty in case is given in most countries if the crime is comes on "the rarest of rare cases").

P.S. Sometimes, even the fear of death does not effects person's criminal tendency, like in terrorism.

I live in Australia and we do not have the death penalty here.

I do not support the death penalty as taking a life for a life/s is wrong, give them a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGG time to think about what they have done wrong in jail. Yes they get food, drink etc.

But they live the rest of their lives knowing that they will never be free... that to me is punishment enough.

*death penalty in case is given in most countries if the crime is comes on "the rarest of rare cases"* As I said above, It is irrelevant for them to live after that, Cause "rarest of rare crimes" are done by those criminals who don't have a stable thinking, But I disagree for giving the capital punishment for minor/"accidental(so called)" crimes.

theres 2 elements to criminal law:

1. justice/punishment - criminals get what they 'deserve'

2. rehabilitation - criminals are able to learn from their mistakes and rejoin society productively

if u focus too heavily on punishment then u lose the opportunity for criminals to rehabilitate. thats why i say no to the death penalty; even if a criminal is unsafe to allow back into society they can at least have the opportunity to realise their mistakes

• 3 weeks later...

i support it on certain conditions. killing a thief is not right. but a murderer, yes. if somebody killed my wife or raped her(if i had a wife) i would tie them to a truck then drag them down the highway. lol sorry, but my love is strong. you dont mess with my loved ones. seriously. it may be true that nobody should ever take anothers life. and jesus said to turn the other cheek. but if the cops dont. civillians will start taking matters into their own hands. all humans do things that are unpure its in our nature. revenge. hatred. we all have these. if we didnt harshly punish these outrages acts the with equal suffering onto the criminals, then it would be easier for them to decide to do it right? some people will never listen to reason. and some simply dont have a heart. rather then locking away and wasting our taxes we should just off em. even if its hard to know we have done so. you may be against it now. but if you ever faced a monster who went after your family. you would want him/her dead.

I don't agree with the death penalty, I think their freedom being taken away is punishment enough and if a country does have the death penalty it should be used only on serious crimes like murder. I know there is a case in bali where a young guy has got the death penalty because he smuggled in drugs makes me feel a bit sad

In some ways, the death penalty is a good thing, whether or not it scares anybody into not committing the crime in the first place, it prevents them from doing it again. However, There are other ways to accomplish the same thing.

I'm all for humane treatment of prisoners. But death row inmates live better than I do.. Which is ridiculous. In some of those cases, the evidence has been so strong, that there was absolutely no question that they did it, yet they can still delay their execution until they die of old age through endless appeals and legal mumbo jumbo.

My solution.. Lock them up in a cell big enough for them to do limited excersize, slide meals in through a slot, and don't open it until they're dead. Only human contact they get is when the guards bring their food. (This is, obviously, only for those who are in for life.)

On the subject of a life sentence.. What's the point of multiple life sentences? I mean, it's not like they can serve them... Only one life to live and all that.

If we are going to have a death penalty.. We need to actually use it. Allow appeals and delays only if there is evidence to support it..

Personaly I've never understood why people say criminals live better than what they do because their not, their just going day by day doing the same thing until they get out or die, just because they get free board and food it doesn't mean their actually living a happy life, I know if I was in prison I'd be seriously depressed.

And no offence this is just my opinion, but I think killing in the name of the law is worse than killing because your unstable.

I agree with the death penalty. I see some people say they should spend the rest of there lives behind bars. Problem is I don't feel like paying for these criminals to stay in jail for the rest of there live eating and drinking and pretty but nothing happening to them beside the occasional jail fight. Removing them from humanity is the best way. You brutally rape or murder somebody, you deserve to die. Just my .02

I have to agree, the death penalty is a sticky subject. There are a few people who I think should die. Rapists, Pedophiles, stone cold murderers, but then it gets into the whole. Was it attentional, crime of passion, insanity Defenses that further muddle things up. A flat death penalty wouldn't be the way to go. Plus there's always a chance for redemption.

I don't think the death penalty is something that is affective, to a sane and rational person sure it makes sense, but to a person who is insane and unrational they probably wouldn't think twice about the death penalty they'd have the mindset that they can't get caught. I think an affective way to lower the crime rate would be to have a rehabilitation program for all prisons so there is less chance of people going back (because petty criminals go to bigger things if they don't get help) and better mental health services outside and in schools so kids who may grow up to have problems are able to get help.

Unfortunately this would cost way to much.