death penalty...for or against

nellawin

I support the death penalty to the fullest. I just think they should strap them to a chair and put a single bullet in their head. Painless, Instant, and its cheap. Every other form of death penalty is expensive and costs the government money because some jackass decided to rape a little girl or kill someone. If you use a bullet it will cost about a buck... People say innocents are killed by the death penalty, I think thats a shame, but even if they are innocent, it puts closure to those involved with the victim. If 10% of people executed are innocent, doesnt it seem worth it to get the other 90% out of this world for good? It makes the world that much safer.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people say innocents are killed by the death penalty, I think thats a shame, but even if they are innocent, it puts closure to those involved with the victim.

It may give closure to those who know the victim but it would be a false sense of closure because the person who actually comitted the crime could still be roaming around. Also the family of the innocent person who was executed would have to live the rest of their lives knowing their loved one was executed for something he/she didn't do, what about their closure? If they didn't have the death penalty maybe that person could have been cleared of the crime.

• 1 month later...

They forfeited their right to exist the moment they violated another's to live. They deserve and should have their life taken away. They violated a fundamental and basic right of all human beings, thus they should not be allowed to continue to exist in human society. The tax payer's money, from the society which he/she hurt is being spent on supporting his/her. We wasted taxpayer's money on their FREE food, beds, clothing etc. Even after they become a disgrace to the state, to its people, to the world, and human society. They should be executed without hesitation after a fair a just trial.

Only then will it be fair and just.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I support the death penalty, to an extant. Some people are charged with it with no real crimes or threat to another life, that is just cruel. Death penalty should be invoked or brought to attention to the acts of someone who deliberately kills for sheer joy and doesn't understand what the meaning of murder is, (clinically insane).

I support the death penalty to the fullest. Why? Because it reduces crime, saves money, and stops these people from doing it again. So first, fear of death stops some people from doing crimes. If the death penalty wasnt there, then they would just be in prison for awhile. Some people commit crimes to stay in jail since it gives you food, tv, schedules, etc. Secondly, by offing criminals then they stay dead rather than chilling in prison, which saves us how much money? A freaking lot of money, millions every year. And finally, how many times has it happened where someone gets out of prison and commits another crime? It happens more than you think. So just off the criminals and you solve lots of problems. Plus it will help earths overpopulation one criminal at a time.

As a side note, I kinda like the idea of Deadman Wonderland, where death row inmates are only fed if they generate money. So pay per view and other websites could generate lots of profit and a healthy side of danger can make prisoners still die.